AVS Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
73 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am looking for some basic help for a new system in a new house.

I do not have my video pj yet and am installing receiver and speakers.

I have a Yamaha V671 and cannot figure out how to get to the "Set Menu" to set speaker parameters. I don't see a button for "Menu" like on my previous Yamaha's and other buttons in that area have no effect. If I connect the ypao mic, I can get it to run the auto setup but little info is presented on the front panel. It seems like everything is presented on the video display which I don't have yet.

My specific problem is testing the new subwoofer. I get no output but can't tell if it is even enabled.

Is there any way to configure this thing without a video display?

·
Registered
13,491 Posts
Have a TV you could move in temporarily??

·
Registered
73 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
more than likely the setup menu only works with HDMI out.

do you have a computer monitor with DVI or HDMI input?
The on screen display works on video. My small lcd also had component inputs but my available cable was too short for the location. Video worked just fine.

Out of curiosity, I still wonder if there is a way to do setup without a video connection. It would seem that someone might want this receiver for an audio only application.

·
Registered
279 Posts
The on screen display works on video. My small lcd also had component inputs but my available cable was too short for the location. Video worked just fine.

Out of curiosity, I still wonder if there is a way to do setup without a video connection. It would seem that someone might want this receiver for an audio only application.

What about the web GUI? Might work if you have your 671 networked.

·
Registered
1,373 Posts

I ran into the same problem with my HK that I have in the garage. It can be done without a tv, but it is very difficult as they figure all will be hooked up for OSD. I did not have a small tv or monitor to hook and had to spend some time scrolling through, screwing up, starting over, and finding the right areas.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts