AVS Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Banned
172 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Please don't flame me for owning something other than Hsu, Velodyne, SVS, etc. This is all I can afford at the moment (got it for $200).

My question is, does this particular model use rubber or foam surrounds? The grill is really tight, I can't get it off no matter what I do.

And while we are at it, what are the cons and pros of Yamaha subs? I know this sub has dual 8" woofers, so it wont go as low.

Thanks

·
Registered
303 Posts
I just got an SW305 also (but saved $20 off the price you got), and have to admit to not taking the sony home for a test drive. I'm really happy with the Yamaha. It has a nice tight sound and decent low end.

I would be very surprised if it didn't have rubber surrounds, but I couldn't get my grill off either.

·
Banned
172 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Really? Where did you get yours from? I actually paid a final price of about $220 after shipping. I got mine from an audio shop in NY.

·
Registered
29 Posts
I too just got the YST-SW305 a couple of days ago, also from a NY house-for $199.

I am impressed so far. Nice tight base. Seems just right for my bedroom system.

·
Banned
172 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
That's good to hear that at least some of us are getting the Yamaha subs. For a while I was worried that I am the only on this board that have the Yamahas, seeing that everyone else have SVS's, Hsu's, Velodyne's, etc.

·
Registered
220 Posts
I had a look at Audio reviews and a person there says he got the front cover off.

Heres the link

And this is the quote from the thread

I Love this speaker. Great sound for such a low price. The grill is removable, with much care and effort, but control panel wires become visable (grill removal is for component maintenance only). The (very) tight grill is consistent with the overall design- no resonance vibrations accompany the very powerful bass, and it has a relatively small cabinet. It sounds wonderful with my tube amp system.

Hope this helps

Spearmint

·
Registered
102 Posts
this sub sounds good from teh reviews, anyone ever done a comparison with other subs? i'm looking to add a sub for music, as the one i have is awesome for HT but so-so for music, its sealed right?

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.