AVS Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1,652 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Wow..! I downloaded some 44.1/16 FLAC tracks and put them on a USB stick and then straight into the front USB port on my Yamaha RX-V1065 AVR. Awesome sound..! Much better than burning the FLACs to a audio CD then playing through a CD player.

(as of yet I haven't got an external DAC to go from PC USB to preamp)

Anybody else playing FLAC from a USB storage device with the AVR's USB port...???

If so, any luck playing 96/24 FLAC ? My 1065 recognizes and shows 96/24 FLAC tracks in the menu... but then comes up with "cannot open" (or something like that) when I try to play them. Would a faster read USB device allow 96/24 playback or is it the AVR that is limited to 44.1/16 FLAC ?

·
Registered
261 Posts
It might be the avr. Your manual should tell you what formats are recognizable. I play through a hard drive as well. Much easier than burning to a cd.

·
Registered
1,652 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·

Quote:
Originally Posted by jclif77 /forum/post/20789233

It might be the avr. Your manual should tell you what formats are recognizable.

It says mp3, FLAC, WAV etc but doesn't mention anything about 44.1/16 or 96/24 and what have you.

I have tried converting 96/24 FLAC to WAV, but the AVR still couldn't play the WAV. Just tried a 44.1/24 FLAC with no luck either. It only seems to like 44.1/16 FLAC.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts