AVS Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I currently have a Denon 2801 receiver and want to upgrade to one that have more power and Pro Logic ll(llX). I’m looking at the Yamaha v2400, Pioneer VSX 2012(re boxed 45TX), and the Denon AVR 1083(3801). I like the auto calibration of the v2400 and VSX 2012 but I like the reputation of the Denon line and like the sound of my 2801. I use my setup primarily for home theater and DVD-A using coaxial connection. I bi wire my M60s and I noticed that the Pioneer does not have A B front connections, is this a problem?

I have Axiom M60 mains, Axiom VP150 center, and Energy E:XL 15 surrounds. I will probably change my E:XL 15s to Axioms at some point. I have my setup in a small room at the present time but will probably move into a larger room at some time. I’ve heard that the watts that some companies quote are inflated and that Yamaha tends to have an imagination when making their quotes but what about Pioneer and Denon?

Thanks

·
Registered
1,084 Posts
Yes, it does seem that Yamaha does get a little imaginative with their power ratings. I have an Elite 45Tx, and have seen independent tests on it with it running at 135w x 5 channels driven before reaching distortion. No concerns about true power ratings with the Elite's.

·
Registered
157 Posts
Denon overstates their power as well, but not by that much. (i.e. 100W x 7 would get you like 80-85W x 7 real world). My opinion is to go with the Denon if you like their line and their sound. I think both the Yammie and Elite sound different from what you are used to.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.