AVS Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
356 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi guys, I'm on the between these two models and need some advice from you guys. I have had my Yamaha v575 for about 28 days now and have been very happy with it. I bought it for $379 and thought it was a good deal, however I am able to get a denon e400 for about the same price now so I was curious on what everyone's views on these two receivers are.


I notice the Yamaha is a 7.2 which would allow me to have a zone 2 with a subwoofer as well which is not capable on the denon since it is a 7.1. I haven't done a zone 2 with a subwoofer yet but for anyone who has, is that a nice setup? Any input on the pros and cons of these two units will be greatly appreciated since I only have 2 days before my return policy is up.
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
91,844 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
356 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
So would you say the denon e400 is a far superior receiver? What about build quality? Any input between the two brands?
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
356 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Another thing that I want to make sure about is any HDMI issues. I use my V575 to watch TV and my movies so when I turn on my Samsung UN75F6300 TV, my Yamaha V575 automatically turns on as well without a hitch and provides me sound to my TV. I know some receivers have HDMI issues (most notibly Onko receivers), how are the Denon e400 receivers? Any known issues with the Denon that I should be aware about?


I really appreciate all your input so far though, I'm really leaning toward returning my V575 for the Denon e400 today.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
42 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by orbital517  /t/1521385/yamaha-v575-vs-denon-e400#post_24450810


Another thing that I want to make sure about is any HDMI issues. I use my V575 to watch TV and my movies so when I turn on my Samsung UN75F6300 TV, my Yamaha V575 automatically turns on as well without a hitch and provides me sound to my TV. I know some receivers have HDMI issues (most notibly Onko receivers), how are the Denon e400 receivers? Any known issues with the Denon that I should be aware about?


I really appreciate all your input so far though, I'm really leaning toward returning my V575 for the Denon e400 today.
Please be more specific about what you are trying to achieve here.

 

Do you want to link your TV to E400  so  when the TV is turned on the E 400 will turn on and you hear sounds through your speakers connected to the receiver?

 

Or do you want HDMI pass through where the audio will pass through while the receiver is in sleep mode and you listen to your TV through the TV speakers?

 

Both will work with e400. (at least it worked for me with my Panasonic plasma).
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
356 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
It was the first scenario that you said. When I turn on my tv, the receiver automatically turns on as well and my sounds comes through my stereo speakers......not my tv speakers.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
356 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bond 007  /t/1521385/yamaha-v575-vs-denon-e400#post_24450839


Keep the 575.

Just curious, but is there any reason why you think I should keep the Yamaha? You are the first person that has mentioned that I should keep it so I would like to know if you have experience with both receivers, and what you thought about them.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
18,036 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by orbital517  /t/1521385/yamaha-v575-vs-denon-e400#post_24451030


Just curious, but is there any reason why you think I should keep the Yamaha? You are the first person that has mentioned that I should keep it so I would like to know if you have experience with both receivers, and what you thought about them.
AVS is very heavily Denon bias. Yamaha is better quality imo. The two are nearly identical feature wise. You already have the 575 and are happy with it.

What are people telling you the advantages of the 400 are that are so great that its worth returning the 575 to get the 400?
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
356 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
I guess one thing that interested me was that the denon is $50 cheaper. Also it has 90 watts per channel vs. 80 watts per channel. I value everyone's opinion here, so in ur opinion, do u think I'm getting a comparable receiver at $50 less worth the return?
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
18,036 Posts
The wattage is insignificant. You will never notice it.

Yes, they are comparable. Even very similar.

Whether its worth $50 to return is up to you. Personally I wouldnt but Id rather have the 575 anyway.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
356 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
I went ahead and bought the e400 so I can test it out myself to see which one is better. So far I notice that the yamaha's front USB is a 2.1A charger while the denon is only a 1.0a charger. Might be a small deal to some, but most devices now require 2.0a chargers. I will now test how I like the sound.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
48 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by orbital517  /t/1521385/yamaha-v575-vs-denon-e400#post_24453169


I went ahead and bought the e400 so I can test it out myself to see which one is better. So far I notice that the yamaha's front USB is a 2.1A charger while the denon is only a 1.0a charger. Might be a small deal to some, but most devices now require 2.0a chargers. I will now test how I like the sound.
I recently bought an E400 after owning a Yamaha rx-v661 for about 7 years....all I can say is that with my entire klipsch set the e400 blows my face off:) I LOVED LOVED LOVED My yamaha but heard a ton of awesome things about Denon. I gave it a shot and I am nowhere near disappointed. Just sayin:)
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
34 Posts
Sorry guys, I'm doing tons of research, and I'm looking at this now.


I was just looking at the E400, but it's 500$ right now vs the 575 is 299 for refurb and 350 for new.


Here's the features that appeal to me.


-Automatic tuning (people saying the D-enon is better for this) since I have no experiance with this at all.

-IOS / Android app support to control the receiver remotely via my device (AVR will be connected to ethernet)

-2 Zones for future expansion of possibly adding a zone for the backyard or garage.

-HDMI communication back to the AVR when playing netflix form the smart tv so the AVR will play sound.


I'm planning to add Monoprice ceiling LR fronts and LR rears, while having a center mounted on the mantle under the TV and a sub somewhere near the AVR cabinet. (just to the right of the tv


Does this sound like a reasonable setup? I'm not looking to blow the socks off my feet, just looking to have a better audio system than my TV speakers will sport along with the ability to play some music when just moving about the house.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
48 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by zazzn  /t/1521385/yamaha-v575-vs-denon-e400#post_24518002


Sorry guys, I'm doing tons of research, and I'm looking at this now.


I was just looking at the E400, but it's 500$ right now vs the 575 is 299 for refurb and 350 for new.


Here's the features that appeal to me.


-Automatic tuning (people saying the D-enon is better for this) since I have no experiance with this at all.

-IOS / Android app support to control the receiver remotely via my device (AVR will be connected to ethernet)

-2 Zones for future expansion of possibly adding a zone for the backyard or garage.

-HDMI communication back to the AVR when playing netflix form the smart tv so the AVR will play sound.


I'm planning to add Monoprice ceiling LR fronts and LR rears, while having a center mounted on the mantle under the TV and a sub somewhere near the AVR cabinet. (just to the right of the tv


Does this sound like a reasonable setup? I'm not looking to blow the socks off my feet, just looking to have a better audio system than my TV speakers will sport along with the ability to play some music when just moving about the house.
check this out http://www.accessories4less.com/make-a-store/item/denavre400/denon-avr-e400-7.1-4k-3d-networking-receiver-airplay/1.html#!more I recently bought this one from this website. It also has the 575 on there so you can look at both and compare.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
28,914 Posts
$499 is MSRP for the e400. I've seen it between $299 - $330 at Frys in the past. Its just a matter of when a vendor puts it on sale.
 
1 - 18 of 18 Posts
Top