AVS Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a Yamaha RX-V677 7.2 Channel Wi-Fi Network AV Receiver and a Definitive Pro Sub 200TL.
Problem is i don't know how to connect the Yamaha to the Definitive Sub. Please help with any advise.
I have attached pics of the back of both to this thread.

would like the Power on Receiver to control the power on Sub - But if not then it's ok. I can live without that.

Thanks in advance.

Attachments

·
Premium Member
13,390 Posts
Run an RCA-to-RCA cable:
- from the SUBWOOFER PRE-OUT 1 on the receiver;
- to the LFE (yellow) input on the subwoofer.

The sub will activate whenever it gets signal from the receiver.

Also, set the "Low Pass Crossover" control on the sub to its maximum setting (to effectively disable it). Your receiver will handle bass management. (Be sure to run its YPAO auto-EQ program to calibrate your system.)

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Run an RCA-to-RCA cable:
- from the SUBWOOFER PRE-OUT 1 on the receiver;
- to the LFE (yellow) input on the subwoofer.

The sub will activate whenever it gets signal from the receiver.

Also, set the "Low Pass Crossover" control on the sub to its maximum setting (to effectively disable it). Your receiver will handle bass management. (Be sure to run its YPAO auto-EQ program to calibrate your system.)
thank you .. will try it first thing tomorrow.

Any ideas how to control power of sub with Yamaha power ? or is that even possible ?

·
Premium Member
13,390 Posts
From the look of it, the sub can't be powered on/off by the receiver's on/off switch. (The receiver has a 12V trigger output, but the sub does not have a 12V trigger input.)

But the sub should go:
- from STANDBY to ON whenever it receives an audio signal from the receiver; and
- from ON back to STANDBY after a period of time with no signal.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts