AVS Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Overall a great purchase for the 550 I got it for.

My dad got the same reciever also. Now my problem is regarding streaming music via my network.

My dad has Windows 7 and has WMP 12 while I'm on XP with WMP 11. I'm basically only able to browse music via my 867 interface. However I cannot be on my pc and simply add music to the Yamaha playlist (I think it was simply the "play to" function). My dad is able to do this with WMP 12 that is only compatable (to my knowledge) with Windows 7. He also has a remote media server that I'm able to connect to and have access to over 20 TB of music. I can't stream any of it though like he can due to having WMP 11!

So my big question is are there any media players out there that can share media with the Yamaha but can also have this function I want? Anyone else run into this problem yet?

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I got it from PCrush.com along with my dad and uncle. It was 560 shipped.

I'll look into that. Would maybe media player classic work possibly? I'd prefer to use some free software rather than paying. Remember some player that could do this but cost 30.00...started with a T...lol I'll have to look it up.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts