AVS Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
219 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Opinions on each in the $400 to $800 range?

Thinking about the Denon AVR-2803 vs. the Yamaha RX-V1400, but may consider other options. To be used in a HT system with Mirage Omnisats in fairly bright room.

·
Registered
760 Posts
I compared both of these at Tweeter, so they were working off the same input, and outputting to the same (8ohm) speakers.

The Yamaha had a brighter sound when using music, and more power, and video upconversion. However on DVDs with digital input, they sounded the same! I am using my exclusively for movies, and I went with Denon because I was able to get a good deal.

To me, the brighter music sounded better but not everyone likes that, and you already have a bright room. I would have liked the video upconversion, but $$$ won out.

I hope this helps.

·
Registered
1,417 Posts
but at that time I used a Denon 3600 and 5600 and liked them, but before that when I was in the 799 range I found that I liked Yamaha better in that price point, and Denon better at the top of the receiver level. Yamaha had a nitch with that 991 I believe it was, and I tried both at my home from friends at the lower end, and the Yamaha was just nicer, until you got to the top of their 2 product lines.

It could have changed, but it seemed more an issue of design segment choice then ability then.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.
Status
Not open for further replies.