AVS Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
144 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Speakers MA Silver RX1's + Paradigm DSP 3400 Sub.

There are two music settings that I use on this Receiver. The first is Straight which gives 2 channel stereo + Sub and also allows Video pass through (Cable Box Selected) Useful for watching sport(Which I love almost as much as music) without irritating commentry and listning to music.

The second is Pure which only Powers the fronts, No Sub and no Video.

Question is, is there a way to use the PURE setting with the sub as well. Sub has only LOW LEVEL INPUTS, and I am using the LFE pre-out on the Amp

Cheers

·
Registered
18,923 Posts
Far as I know, Pure Direct means no bass management. It also means no room correction.

Pure Direct's usefulness seems limited, especially when you consider digital sources. If you want bass management and no YPAO, you could just temporarily turn of YPAO.

·
Registered
144 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
You are correct. Played around last night and Pure offers output to only the fronts (Full signal) I will use the mode called "STRAIGHT" by Yamaha and this offers Front and Sub with Pass through Video signal. Spent a lot of time switching from "PURE" to "STRAIGHT" AND EXCEPT FOR THE SUB KICKING IN COULD HEAR NO DIFFERENCE

·
Registered
16 Posts
Look into the 2 Channel Stereo Direct mode. That allows bass management. The description makes it seem to be close to Pure Direct.

·
Registered
144 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·

Quote:
Originally Posted by j.alves /forum/post/19519872

Look into the 2 Channel Stereo Direct mode. That allows bass management. The description makes it seem to be close to Pure Direct.

That is the mode Yamaha call straight. In bass managment settings set bass out to BOTH meaning sub and fronts otherwise the Sub will not be active.

As an aside I have now had these speakers (Monitor Audio RX1's)for 8 days. Listen about 4-5 hours a day and longer on weekends. In the last 48 hours these speakers have undergone a dramatic change. Have not changed my room in anyway nor have I done an room set up as yet. All the harshness that was there at the begining has dissapeared. These speakers are as smooth as a babys bottom. Only way to describe them. Highly recommend them to all

1 - 5 of 5 Posts