AVS Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Starting to do some initial research into buying an entry-level receiver for my living room. I'm looking at Yamaha, Pioneer, Denon, Onkyo, and Sony receivers to start.

One question about the Yamaha receivers in particular...It seems that all of the other companies have price point differentiation between all of their models, but Yamaha has two models (x65 and x67) at each price point. What is the difference between these two model lines? Is one better / worse than another?

Thanks.

·
Registered
22,496 Posts
The differences are pretty well laid out in the comparison lists at Yamaha.com.

HDMI-1.4, different input layouts and some differences in the amp sections. And in case you're not confused yet, don't forget the A-series models in the same class.

there are still a few of the x65 models around on close-out sales, but for the most part they are gone.

·
Registered
18,923 Posts
The 65 models were the predecessor to the 67 models (2009 I think.)

The Aventage line intersects slightly with the 67 line, which makes me think there might have been some joint development going on (one group worked on the 67 line another on Aventage.)

There's also the HTR line which is pretty much the same thing as the RX-V line, but it's maybe positioned for a different market, and it's spec'd differently to make it look better (at 1khz.) The HTR models ending in 63 should correspond to RX-V models ending in 67.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts