AVS Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·

I have the above surround sound system hooked up to my LG Smart tv and Direct TV system. When watching direct tv everything sounds fine. Sound is also great when streaming movies through my Western Digital Media Player. However when the sound/picture is originating through the TV itself sound is only coming out through the tv. When I try to stream movies with Plex which is part of the software on the tv the sound is only out of the TV. Same thing happens when watching tv using the over the air antenna thats hooked up to the tv.  What would I need to do to get the sound originating in the TV thru the surround sound? Would I need to run another HDMI cable? The cables I'm using now are Bluerigger High Speed Hamilton cables with Ethernet and it supports audio return. 

·
Premium Member
92,615 Posts
Ensure the HDMI cable from the HTIB is plugged into the TV HDMI input labeled "ARC" as there will only be one. Then set the HDMI-CEC setting on the TV (Simplink) to ON and possibly another setting for audio to go to "External speakers" or "Home theater" vice "TV". On the HTIB, the HDMI Control setting would have to be set to ON as well. The HDMI cable shouldn't matter.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts