AVS Forum banner
1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
55" LG Nano (2020) & 5.1 surround sound & Dune 4K Dolby Vision media player
690 Posts
thanx looks GOOD but what is the main difference with the S400 ?

like always price is too high with yamaha !

edit: just saw the difference with the old S400....there are huge on paper:

Possibility to evolve to a full 5.1 system (very interesting)

Full HD audio decoding formats

more inputs connections

better voice reproduction, so they claim

looks good

·
Registered
690 Posts
yup, translation from japenese it TOO weird. It seems a positive review...s shame they did not speak about the extra 2 surround speakers that can be added, that is the biggest complaint we ALL had with the old S400 !!!

·
Registered
690 Posts
tadcu....electronics are much more expensive in Singapore and Australia...

the US price is 599, the UK price is 499£ and the EU price is 599 euros

·
Registered
69 Posts
Hi nenito2K,

I wrote what the cnet asia site said, which is: "The YHT-S401 will sell for 499 pounds (US$805) in the UK and is available in October".

Perhaps you inferred that I was saying it would be $805 in the US which I was not. Your info re 499£ matches what cnet asia said, and 599€ makes sense given the exchange rate and pricing strategies. Also, a US price of $599 is consistent with what I've experienced with other products and what I might expect considering market opportunities.

I hope it also launches in the US in Oct (or earlier). I'm looking forward to hearing it and perhaps buying one.

Cheers.

·
Registered
69 Posts
It still wasn't on the Yamaha USA site a few days ago but I see it's there today: http://usa.yamaha.com/products/audio..._w/?mode=model

Downloading the User Manual to get all the functional details would be nice but unfortunately I don't see a link to it yet. If they do it the same as other Yamaha a/v equipment, you'll have to log on to download it....maybe soon. So far I've only found the Manual in what appears to me to be Japanese (but it might be a different asian language).

Perhaps the YHT-S401 will be available to purchase in a few weeks (which is about how long it took the YAS-101 to be available on ABT, Amazon, etc., after it showed up on the Yamaha site).

Cheers.

·
Registered
69 Posts
Now the USA Yamaha site has the Owners Manual. I just downloaded it and haven't looked at it yet. Same as usual, you have to sign on to Yamaha Easypass in order to access the Manual.

Cheers.

·
Registered
340 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr-Phelps /forum/post/0

So has anyone heard or purchased this unit yet? Thinking about buying the yht-s401, but sometime in mid January.

I've had one for about a month now, supplementing an LCD in the lounge room, where the tv is in a corner and a proper 2.1 or 3.1 setup isn't physically practical. It's easy to setup and easy to use, having it decode HD audio is nice, but I don't think a soundbar will really give the full benefit (especially compared to the theatre room setup). What it does provide is a good improvement over the tv speakers (which were no slouch anyway) and effortless volume for movies with a nice bit of bass, but certainly not floor-shaking. I am happy with the purchase, not blown away - but it's unfair to compare a few hundred dollar setup to many thousands of dollars setup

·
Registered
340 Posts
Unless you buy some sort of adaptor, there is no scope for wireless rears.

The sub being integrated into the amp did concern me a little, but I guess plenty of much larger dedicated subs still have circuit boards inside etc.

·
Registered
3 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by ausdavep /forum/post/21390706

Unless you buy some sort of adaptor, there is no scope for wireless rears.

The sub being integrated into the amp did concern me a little, but I guess plenty of much larger dedicated subs still have circuit boards inside etc.

I am a newb when it comes to speakers, what kind of adapter would you recommend ?

1 - 20 of 31 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.