AVS Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I will start by saying I am a real novice when it comes audio and video. I am hoping someone can shed some light on the difference between these two sound projectors more than Yamaha could. ( I called Yamaha today to inquire- they were useless) In searching the net I find no comparisons and no information on the upgraded 1100 when it was released. The Yamaha web site shows little difference between them other than conductivity. (this is really my weak point) I have included pages from the manuals on both projectors. On these pages they list the inputs/outputs to be the same on both but in the descriptions they do differ.

1100 --

The YSP-1000 rear panel offers 2 optical/1 coaxial digital and 2 analog audio input terminals, and 2 component video and 3 composite video output terminals, subwoofer output terminal, IR port, and RS-232C interface.

The YSP-1000 rear panel offers 2 optical/1 coaxial digital and 2 analog audio input terminals, and 2 component video and 3 composite video output terminals, subwoofer output terminal, IR port, and RS-232C interface.

I found a used 1000 for a great price as was wondering if I am giving up much with this model. The system will have a HD cable box (magnavox) and a CD/DVD hooked in stream. I see no other items/players ever being used.

I was also wondering if Yamaha really improved their surround technology with the second generation - Yamaha's tech service could help me on this.

I thank you for your thoughts

Regards

Snafu

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.