AVS Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm hoping someone here has a comparison or suggestion for these two models. I have an 18 x 10 living room with lg 55" TV mounted dead center of the 18' wall. Currently I have a Polk 3000 soundbar and sub hooked up it sounds ok but I'm moving that to my bedroom and looking to get something different. I have heard nothing but great things from both the ysp-1400 and the yas-203. I can get both for around the same price so my question here is which one produces the better sound for the room it will be used in. All your help is appreciated.

·
Registered
724 Posts
If you have the walls? The YSP 1400 will be infinitely better. They use completely different technology. The 1400 uses the digital sound projector technology, and it is quite extraordinary if you have the walls for the sound to bounce off

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
There is just the opening into the kitchen which is directly behind the tv to its right. Other then that it has all walls.

·
Registered
724 Posts
Then I think the YSP 1400 is definitely the way to go. But it has to be properly set up. That is the absolute key to the digital sound projectors. I was one of the very first people to have a YSP1. I used to constantly go in the stores to see them, And they were never set up properly, often in open spaces with rooms with no walls, and people were left totally unimpressed
But set up properly..,The results and Surround sound can be astonishingly terrific

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Okay so given that I'm likely going with the ysp model but to add the the question I have found a decent deal on a ysp-2200 as well. Is it better to get the ysp-1400 with the mini built in subs and add a decent sub later or to ditch the mini subs for an extra 8 directional speakers with the 2200 and its included sub

·
Registered
3 Posts
If you have the walls? The YSP 1400 will be infinitely better. They use completely different technology. The 1400 uses the digital sound projector technology, and it is quite extraordinary if you have the walls for the sound to bounce off
I'm also considering the YSP-1400. One side of the wall in my room is a door and tall windows but covered with curtains end to end. Would it still work ok in this case?

1 - 7 of 7 Posts