AVS Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
135 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi, anyone else using one of these. I have it hooked up to a Pioneer 75 watt sub using the rca input. I'm adjusting the speaker setup was wondering if any others were using a similar setup? My other 5 speakers are JBL Control 5 Series ????

·
Registered
4,594 Posts
I just started my HT this month, I bought that receiver and I feel that it does a good job, although as I said I am a rookie when it comes to HT, it seems to sound really good to me, I would like the option to adjust the mains, which it doesn't allow you to do. I can say that unless you have an unusually large room, it should fill the room with plenty of sound, without straining. The remote is a bit cumbersome at first, but it works ok after you get the hang of it. So far I'm very happy with it. I matched it up with Boston Acoustics CR75 mains,BA CRC Center, BA micro 80 xII surrounds, and a BA PV600 sub. I think it sounds pretty sweet for my first system.

Good Luck,

muzz

Edit: I have all my speakers set to small ( largest driver is 6 1/2 " ) and all bass going to my sub - line in.

·
Registered
135 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I have my speakers set to large, but it will take awhile to get it where I will be satisfied??? Also using the Dolby Digital 2 selection, switching to movie or music. I need more time to tune, I replaced a Pioneer 511 pro logic with this unit.

·
Registered
4,594 Posts
I can't find any info on that control 5 series......... but I did see a control 1x series, and they are small speakers, if the ones that you have are like them, my advice would be to set them to small, and divert all low bass to the sub. I also calibrated all to the Home and Vision dvd( with RS analog spl meter), and when doing so I adjusted the SP LFE to adjust the Dolby bass levels ( after setting all with test tone). This way my bass levels are set for music, and DVD/Movies seperately according to the source. I have gone back to the manual on numerous times, and I always seem to notice something new to tweak. I have my dvd hooked up with a digital coax cable into what is labled the CD digital in, and I changed the I/O assignment to the DVD button ( instead of the cd button). Everything seems to be working well.

muzz

·
Registered
4,594 Posts
I noticed it said 4 Ohms, did you set the switch on the back of the receiver for 4-8 ? Those speakers have a 6 1/2 " driver, which I personally would not ask to deliver bass( LOW bass) , thats why I got the CR75 Mains( similar in size/freq. response) for low midrange/High bass to blend/pickup where my sub cutoff is( instead of the crappy dinky little satellites that only go down to 120, I had a set of those. there was a hole so big I could stick my head in it- good for surrounds ) . To each his own, that is only my take on it. Al DiMeola sure sounds good with this relatively cheap system though. :)

Have Fun,

muzz

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.