AVS Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi guys I am having some concerns with my 663. I am running energy c500's,matching center, and 4 energy eas-6w inwalls, 2 energy s10.3 subs for a 7.2 set up. Heres the deals while watching Darknight at +4 volume level my receiver shuts down nothing else. I powered it back on and it was fine. It is well ventilated and has never done this before. Was this a safety issue the the receiver did shut down, or was this a faulty receiver? Thanks for any input.

·
Registered
2,250 Posts
4 ohm minimal mains, with a very dynamic soundtrack could have put too much demand on the 663. The amp is fine for many folks, but its not an extremely strong one by any means. OTOH, your mains have good sensitivity, but the 4ohm minimal listed (which could very well be lower real-world), coupled with high volumes, seated far from speakers...

nice thing about the 663 are the preouts available for the affordable price point.

Either that, or turn it down.

·
Registered
2,250 Posts
best bang for buck is pro amps, but I don't have a rec. Pay attn to input and output impedances of 663 and item in question.

Also, check out used products. Personally, I'd try to amp the front 3, but I guess try 2 for now, and maybe that might just free up the Yammy enough. YMMV.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts