AVS Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
3,995 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Both of these fit my needs with two HDMI outs and enough ins to get the job done at a close street price. Are there any major feature advantages of one to the other? My original choice was the Pio Elite VSX-33 but it's too deep for the new in wall rack i'm building.

·
Registered
174 Posts
Yamaha's compare tool needs lots of work. It is almost useless.

Main difference between the 867 and the A800 is that the A800 has HD radio, supposedly better audio components, and an extra year warranty, but no networking that the 867 has.

·
Registered
3,395 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by wcmlutz /forum/post/19505324

Yamaha's compare tool needs lots of work. It is almost useless.

In fact the Yamaha 'product compare tool' seems so defective at present I feel I must protest that your characterization of 'almost useless' is far too weak a condemnation!

Quote:
Originally Posted by wcmlutz /forum/post/19505324

Main difference between the 867 and the A800 is that the A800 has HD radio, supposedly better audio components, and an extra year warranty, but no networking that the 867 has.

The RX-A700 and RX-A800 are [at least nominally] custom installer variants of (respectively) the RX-V667 (worldwide) and the RX-V767 (non US) models . . . differing primarily by the inclusion of an RS-232 port and a fifth foot, and with a 3 year warranty. IIRC, the significance of other advertised differences remains unverified. Comments about common features of the RX-V667, RX-V767, RX-V867, RX-A700, and RX-V800 should probably apply equally to all five models.

·
Registered
3,995 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Well the major difference between the two besides the warranty appears to be the networking, of which the 800 has none. Given the infancy of this feature on all AVR's as compared to dedicated network streamers i don't see much value in a network equipped AVR as of now. My Airports and ATVs with iTouch and the drop in any day AirTunes is clearly the better option. Looks like the 800 at $50 cheaper is the better value in my case.

·
Registered
18,923 Posts
I agree Yamaha compare needs work. I offered it as a starting point, only.

·
Registered
3,395 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by MichaelJHuman /forum/post/19506454

I agree Yamaha compare needs work. I offered it as a starting point, only.

Think nothing of it Michael, after all . . . "To be Human is to be fallible."

1 - 7 of 7 Posts