AVS Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
69 Posts
I think what he's getting at is the fact that WCBS is the prime O&O for the network that has been the leader in HD programming. Considering that the games were on Fox's local outlet until this year, the odds are obviously much better than they were before.

·
Registered
2,943 Posts
Many of the Yankees games were produced with HD equipment, and "aired" in HD on MSG Network, a local cable channel. It would not be too big a stretch to get those HD signals on WCBS-DT.

Of course, nothing is certain, but it could happen...

·
Registered
130 Posts
Don't forget that the Yankees will not be shown on MSG next year and nothing has been said about the YES network doing HD. With all they have to do to make their March target, I doubt that HD will be a high priority...but you never know. Other than the CBS Network generated shows...I haven't seen much Live HD stuff on WCBS-DT....

Ed

·
Registered
409 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
The Odds are way way better ....

·
Registered
33,772 Posts
Odds of 1% are already MUCH better than Fox. Does anyone know who owns the HD cameras at the Stadium? Are they MSG equipment? That might give us a clue as to the true odds, but my guess is that CBS will do the right thing.

·
Registered
539 Posts
Hi Ken,

Vic R mentioned the name a while back. It was an independent production company outsourced by Cablevision.

Keep in mind that Cablevision had Yankee stadium, Shea, MSG and the Devils arena (I'm not sure about Nassau Coliseum) wired for HD, so they used an outside source to handle it.

WPIX showed a few of the Shea home games in HD. I'm sure they used the same gear Cablevision was using for their FSN channel.

This would have been flushed out already if Fox did HD. I agree with you Ken, CBS will do the right thing.

·
Registered
2,943 Posts
The HD Mobile Units are leased/rented from NMT, National Mobile Television. The transmission systems come from a mix of providers. While it's far from a "done deal," I don't see any showstoppers in the way to airing HD baseball on WCBS-DT.

·
Registered
409 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Its 20 games, I sure thing they will have them on HD..

I hope So ...... :)

·
Registered
4,304 Posts
You guys might not be aware that this is a LOCAL deal. CBS has no national contract with MLB, FOX does. People outside of NYC will not see these games. People that receive WCBS-DT on Dish will probably be subject to a blackout.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.