AVS Forum banner
1 - 20 of 50 Posts

·
Premium Member
3,095 Posts
I am very interested in knowing about The Graduate. Forced subs? How does it look and sound?

·
Registered
6,022 Posts
Serpico? forced subs?

·
Registered
527 Posts
Nice. I wanted to pick up The Graduate and Mulholland Drive as well. Was this from amazon.fr?

·
Registered
6,022 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by edo9125 /forum/post/0

yes it has forced subs but you can change their size, so I made them really small and moved the to the letter box so that they dont interfere with the film.

do you have a widescreen tv? does that mean you can move them out of the frame if you do?

·
Registered
1,233 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by nohkul /forum/post/0

Nice. I wanted to pick up The Graduate and Mulholland Drive as well. Was this from amazon.fr?

Mulholland Drive is in stock and ready to ship (I think) from amazon.fr. I can't read French.

For some reason, I can't post the link.

·
Registered
414 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·

Quote:
Originally Posted by DigitalfreakNYC /forum/post/0

do you have a widescreen tv? does that mean you can move them out of the frame if you do?

I do have a widescreen TV.

What you do is make them smaller then move them to the black bar on the bottom. That way they will only be on the black bar in a very small font size instead of being in huge letters affecting the image. They dont dissapear but they are a lot less distracting.

·
Registered
414 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sofdec7 /forum/post/0

For Mulholland drive - could you check if it has forced subs? English dialog?

And (even from just a quick peak at any scene) about how well the quality of it looks?

Thanks!

No forced subs, English Audio. The image is noisy. I noticed it with the dvd I owned but its amplified with the HD DVD transfer.

·
Registered
6,022 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by edo9125 /forum/post/0

I do have a widescreen TV.

What you do is make them smaller then move them to the black bar on the bottom. That they will only be on the black bar in a very small font size instead of being in huge letters affecting the image. They dont dissapear but they are a lot less distracting.

Serpico is 1.85:1. So wouldn't there be no black bar and, thus, no subtitles?

Could one do this with T2?

·
Registered
414 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·

Quote:
Originally Posted by DigitalfreakNYC /forum/post/0

Serpico is 1.85:1. So wouldn't there be no black bar and, thus, no subtitles?

Could one do this with T2?

Ok I caught my mistake. I watched serpico first but atempted the HDi Subtitle maneuver with Three Three Days of the Condor which 2.35:1 and that got me confused. So I guess Iam screwed with Serpico.

·
Registered
1,195 Posts
Question: Is Mulholland Dr. worth owning? From everything I've read, I'm fairly convinced that no one truly understands the movie and those who claim to are full of ****. But from a purely entertainment and replay value perspective, is it worth owning?

1 - 20 of 50 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.