AVS Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Yay I have limited money so anyone know aabout an X1 for under 1000?

I got approved for a credit card with no interest for 12months. Though it only has a limit of 1000 dollars.

Can anyone tell me the lowest price they have seen an X1 go for including tax and shipping?

·
Registered
1,280 Posts
search the forums, ive seen mention of $880 US (im in Australia which is $1925 AUD, works out to of $1000 US, but we always pay more than you yanks :) ).

·
Registered
444 Posts
Quote:
Originally posted by cybropm
Yay I have limited money so anyone know aabout an X1 for under 1000?

Are you kidding? Half of this forum is X1 threads...

·
Registered
204 Posts
pricegrabber.com

gateway or Dell + discount(variable times)

If you want to try it first: infocus 10d trial, BB 30 day return policy.

Good luck!

·
Registered
98 Posts
I bought my X1 from newegg.com. they had a 50 dollar instant rebate going on, and free shipping. excellent service....ive ordered thousands of dollars from newegg.com and never once had a problem...

btw if you are ever hesitant of ordering from an online store, i always go to http://www.resellerratings.com/ and look up the potential store on their site to see how well they rate... (hope im not breaking rules by telling you where i purchased my x1 from!)

Jesse

Edit: INSTANT rebate.

·
Registered
39 Posts
If you can get a Best Buy card they are offering 18 months no interest on projectors this week. For awhile they did this all the time, UNTIL I decided to buy my X1 then they stopped for months (I still had 6 months to pay it off though).

·
Registered
452 Posts
Be careful buying the X1 online, especially on Ebay. I have seen numerous threads stating that the warranty only applies for purchases from their supported vendors (see website). It's worth getting in touch w/ Infocus to confirm.

·
Registered
108 Posts
I submitted a thread just like this and it was removed because it was in violation of the forum rules. This isn't fair.

I also must state my personal opinion on eBay purchases. If it's anything over five hundred dollars, I personally wouldn't enter into any purchase agreement without there being an escrow service involved. Otherwise you're essentially just sending a grand off to "some dude." If the seller has an extensive and high feedback rating, then that mitigates the "some dude" factor. In fact as ratings for sellers become significant, they begin to take on the form of an actual retailer. That's my opinion. Someone with feedback at 50 and a percentage of 100% is still in my opinion, "some dude."

·
Registered
46 Posts
I bought mine this week fro gopcplus.com for the price of $939 brand new! Go to yahoo.com and go to shopping and type in InFocus X1. Sort the replies by price and you'll find the lowest price with no grey market. I paid $57 for two day air and still cam in under $1000 for the projector. By the way my entire family including my wife are blown away by this thing the picture is AWESOME! Watched Matrix Reloaded last night on the wall and it blew us all away. I have to order a screen now but am confused what size to order...I'll have to think about it some more.

·
Registered
108 Posts
I guess that's a good price and all. Congrats. As for me, I'm on an extremely pathetic budget because I have an extremely pathetic and low paying job. Until I get my finance job in Tokyo and leave this English teaching nonsense behind, I'm can't afford jack s**t.

What I'm expecting is that in about fourmonths there will be like, two thousand used X1s on the market and with the glut of all of them on eBay and elsewhere, the going rate for a unit with about 1000 hours on it will be around $500. That's what I'm gettin' until I can afford an HS20, or one of those other two that are in my "finance job price-range".

Oh, my finance job. How I long for it. Until them I'm a ja*k*ss singing row row row your boat with some da*ned 9 year old kids. Oy!

·
Registered
452 Posts
Quote:
Originally posted by Camineet
I submitted a thread just like this and it was removed because it was in violation of the forum rules. This isn't fair.
Yah....I think that I was part of that one. I was just about to tell everyone to ease off of the pricing info and focus on the where to buy part. However, I just read the rules and now realize that both are against the rules, so I'm out of this one.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.