AVS Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
240 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm still using my 25 year old stereo sub woofer. A lot of my friends have suffered speaker rot in numerous brands, ie. BOSE, and have long since thrown out the boxes for new rubber speaker suspension equipment. I re-coned mine, hey I'm cheap. The company that made mine was well known for 30 years or so but closed the doors in the 90's, care to guess?

This is a real stereo sub woofer, two 10 drivers in one large oak veneer cabinet. I used to use my pre-outs to an electronic X-over to derive my left and right LFE channels to the sub.

I'm now going to a new receiver with single mono channel LFE out. I'm now playing with the idea of running a bridged two channel amp for 500 watts into the paralleled (4ohm) sub or just Y the stereo amp inputs for the normal 200 watts at 8 ohm side. I'm using an old Carver M400 Cube that still lives

Any suggestions? TIA

·
Registered
3,433 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Slidell /forum/post/0

Any suggestions?

In the last 25 years, subwoofer technology has advanced a LOT. If you like the cabinet, replace the driver with an up to date model. We can help you find the appropriate one if you post the details of the cabinet in the DIY Speaker and Sub section.

-Robert

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.