AVS Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
466 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Please don't trash my post because I bought Bose - I happen to be one of the few who kinda likes them.

This is the third surround setup I've done and second with Bose Acoustimass. One difference this go around which is issue is with the system input cable.

At only 20' I need to somehow get it through a floor, then 15' across then back up through the floor and plug into the Base unit across the room.

I am not sure what is best to use to splice the line. I am also looking to outfit a plug in the wall then use a straight db15 from the wall to the unit so am considering a db15 M-F but want to be careful of introducing noise.

Any comments or suggestions highly welcome.

thanx you.

·
Registered
4,301 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by bxs122 /forum/post/16963800

Please don't trash my post because I bought Bose - I happen to be one of the few who kinda likes them.

This is the third surround setup I've done and second with Bose Acoustimass. One difference this go around which is issue is with the system input cable.

At only 20' I need to somehow get it through a floor, then 15' across then back up through the floor and plug into the Base unit across the room.

I am not sure what is best to use to splice the line. I am also looking to outfit a plug in the wall then use a straight db15 from the wall to the unit so am considering a db15 M-F but want to be careful of introducing noise.

Any comments or suggestions highly welcome.

thanx you.

I actually like some of Bose's products as well.

But yea, as the other poster suggested, call Bose,,, I have found in the past they have exellent CS,,,,,, I have also seen a few times were Bose CS has sent out connecting cables to owners at no charge.

Cheers

Davyo

·
Registered
466 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·

Quote:
Originally Posted by davyo /forum/post/16965291

I actually like some of Bose's products as well.

But yea, as the other poster suggested, call Bose,,, I have found in the past they have exellent CS,,,,,, I have also seen a few times were Bose CS has sent out connecting cables to owners at no charge.

Cheers

Davyo

Yeah I agree - I don't mind paying a little extra since I know at any time I can call my local Bose outlout and pick their brains about setup which is exactly what I did this weekend.

It does appear that there is no wall jack of any kind by Bose to furnish their ribbon cable that terminates with the db15 plug.

I am now looking online to see if I can make my own - just hoping there is enough shielding in whatever i make to protect the signal from the receiver.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts