AVS Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
MY SHARP 55 WAS WORKING PERFECTLY, I GOT UP TO GET A DRINK CAME BACK AND THE PROJECTOR HAD A YELLOW BLOB. THE YELLOW BLOB IS AT THE BOTTOM CENTER OF THE MY 72" DIAGNAL SCREEN. IT CONSUMES ROUGHLY 3-5% OF THE SCREEN. IT'S NOT COMPLETLY CIRCULAR ABOUTTHE SIZE OF 2 SOFTBALLS, IN THE SHAPE OF A VERY WEIRD MUSHROOM. I'M VERY GOOD WITH THE PROJECTOR, IE CLEAN FILTER ALL THE TIME, ETC. DOES ANYONE HAVE ANY IDEAS WHAT COULD HAVE GONE WRONG?

THANKS,

·
Registered
822 Posts
Well I have a sony and when I first bought this I didnt realise it had legs so that the bottom of the projector was about 10cm from the ground..

After watching a movie for a bit I noticed a yellow blob started to appear!, and gradually got bigger. I realised that it was because I was blocking the air outlet from the bottom so perhaps yours is doing the same?.

Also if its quite old might be an idea to get a duster buster spray can and blow all the cob webs out of it :). Make sure that it is well ventilated as many over at www.avforums.com had yellow blobs until they realised the same mistakes !

·
Registered
12,276 Posts
I have seen this problem with the Sharp before. In the situation I saw it with, it was in a very smoky enviornment with poor ventilation. Double check that all of the filters are clean and that it has good ventilation around it.

Thanks!

·
Registered
100 Posts
yeshc,

I have the same projector with the same problem. There is a filter in front of one of the lcd panels that needs to be replaced. It should be about $100. to replace. I also have a problem with my blue lcd so I have not got mine fixed. Hope this helps.

Kirk

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.