AVS Forum banner

181 - 200 of 221 Posts

·
Registered
20,733 Posts
That was a crazy finale. I have to think some/one will not make it out. I’m glad they had the green light on S4 to pull this off. Of course we know payback is going to be something “special”.

·
Registered
15,731 Posts
Yellowstone star Wes Bentley on those shocking finale deaths: 'Feels like the board got wiped'

Bentley describes Jamie in the aftermath of the finale as a man "without a spine, without legs to stand on."...Below, the actor opens up about what exactly that means for the future of Yellowstone and what led up to the action-packed final 10 minutes of the finale...

·
Registered
20,179 Posts
Discussion Starter #185
No surprise here since this show is freaking absolutely awesome:

‘Yellowstone’ Season 3 Finale Sets Another Ratings Record With 5.2 Million Viewers To Claim Cable’s #1 Spot

EXCLUSIVE: Yellowstone continues to dominate cable ratings. The Season 3 finale for Paramount Network’s juggernaut drama series starring Kevin Costner drew 5.2M total viewers in Live+Same Day — one million more viewers than any other episode in the series history — making it the No. 1 most-watched cable telecast of the year, according to Nielsen. Including a CMT simulcast and encores, the closer drew 7.5M viewers on premiere night.

The season 3 finale also is up big in all key demos vs. the season 2 finale – up 81% in P25-54; +71% in P18-49; and up 84% in P2+. It capped a season that ranks as the most watched across all cable year-to-date in L+SD.

Season 3 also bested all key stats on social, topping season 2 by double digits, according to Nielsen social. The third season saw 113% more views vs. season 2, along with 132% more engagements, and it was up 90% in fan growth, generating 146 million cross-platform views and 5.4 million cross-platform engagements, while adding 404,000 new fans. On Facebook alone, the third season was no. 1 for views and engagements across drama programs across the TV universe, excluding sports, live events and news.

Co-created by Taylor Sheridan and John Linson, Yellowstone follows the Dutton family, led by John Dutton (Oscar winner Costner), who controls the largest contiguous ranch in the United States, under constant attack by those it borders – land developers, an Indian reservation, and America’s first National Park.

Paramount Network renewed the series for a fourth season in February, along with an announcement of Sheridan’s mega overall production and development deal with ViacomCBS Entertainment & Youth Brands, which includes Paramount Network.

Yellowstone
is co-produced by 101 Studios. Executive producers include John Linson, Art Linson, Taylor Sheridan, Kevin Costner, David C. Glasser, Bob Yari and Stephen Kay.

·
Registered
1,316 Posts
Well, That was a bit unsatisfying.
It was, a bit like "who shot J.R." on Dallas, who is behind it? It could be Roarke's team, the Indian and his attorney, or a combination of the two. Of the three who could be dead, my votes on the lesser character....

·
Registered
20,733 Posts
It was, a bit like "who shot J.R." on Dallas, who is behind it? It could be Roarke's team, the Indian and his attorney, or a combination of the two. Of the three who could be dead, my votes on the lesser character....
You forgot Jamie.

·
Registered
16,785 Posts
Jamie is still a snake, and now he's in with his biological Father .. and a half a billion is on the line .. Jamie's rise from ranch hand to Attorney General may have him playing a part either for the Dutton's or against ..
I don't often quote myself, but in this case ..

Jamie almost seems to be too logical a choice as the antagonist in the attacks .. as well, the attacks were carefully planned and organized to appear to happen almost concurrently .. that took some pre-planning and thought ..

I have no doubt that John, Beth and Kayce will survive .. in the meantime, Jamie will attempt to manipulate the land deal while his family is recovering ..

It was, as I also mentioned earlier, a rip-roaring finale that left me slamming my fist down on the recliner arm and yelling, "No $%^ing way .."

It's going to be a long wait till next season ..

Reactions: Keenan and Ph8te

·
Registered
5,829 Posts
This show has officially turned into Dallas after that stupidly crazy finale, because you know damn well that everyone's going to be fine.

Can only hope that if Josh comes back (after he was mostly wasted this year) he has a serious hair makeover.

·
Registered
16,785 Posts
An assassin spraying automatic fire managed to hit just one on target?
Are you commenting on John being hit or the woman he was helping .. ??

Reactions: Ph8te

·
Registered
16,785 Posts
John was the primary target and they made sure she was killed?
My memory is not what it used to be, but I did watch the ending a couple times last night .. I don't think the folks in the junkyard Chevy van made sure either was dead .. John went down, it looked to me like he took more than one bullet and his phone stopped one ..

I can tell you, as ex-military myself, it's not as easy in real life to pepper a person at any distance at all with an automatic weapon ..

Reactions: Ph8te

·
Registered
2,945 Posts
It just goes to show, if you see a damsel in distress on the side of the road, just keep driving, it might turn out badly.. Hmm, can't get a smiley face to work. As well, when some piece of crap van pulls up and asks if you're John Dutton, the automatic response should be,"never heard of him" then get your sidearm ready, just in case. You certainly don't walk towards it like a greenhorn.. Doesn't he remember, he's stirred up a bit of trouble with people with deep pockets. On another note, the Jaime character is pathetic and practically unwatchable.

·
Registered
16,785 Posts
What made me wonder was the woman John was helping change a tire .. was she truly in distress or was she in on it .. ?? We'll probably never know, but I tend to think, since she had a kid with her, that she was not in on the plot to kill John .

·
Registered
16,785 Posts
On another note, the Jaime character is pathetic and practically unwatchable.
He's just one of those guys you'd like to punch in the head ..

Reactions: NMAS and Ph8te

·
Registered
2,945 Posts
He’s like a Dr Smith character, but worse, as he turns on the only family he’s ever known. The guy who plays his real dad is a good actor and quite adept at playing men, tough as leather. Mealy mouthed Jaime is no spawn of his, The crying sac that he is.

·
Registered
2,806 Posts
As to who was behind the attack, I doubt it was Jamie. He was too new to the cause and didn't have a network.

Roarke is my choice.

181 - 200 of 221 Posts