AVS Forum banner

161 - 180 of 221 Posts

·
Registered
3,368 Posts
Great modern western, theme song reminds me of Westworld..Glad Kevin Costner came back to do a tv series and not movies.. good website for Yellowstone Dutton ranch clothes and accessories:
https://www.etsy.com/market/yellowstone_tv_show

·
Premium Member
9,503 Posts
At first I thought the broken car thing was a trap. Then... maybe not. Crap, it really was a trap.

I sure hope the skinny dippers are OK. Those two A-holes are dead meat.

·
Premium Member
9,503 Posts
Well, I was right on both counts. What sucks is that there is only one episode left. What is Beth's plan? Will it happen this season, or next?

·
Registered
20,733 Posts
Well, I was right on both counts. What sucks is that there is only one episode left. What is Beth's plan? Will it happen this season, or next?
At the end of the episode I thought there is no way they can wrap everything up in one episode (finale). There seem to be too many strings to pull, especially with the return of a certain character. I hope I’m wrong, but it seems to me that some of this would bleed into next season.

·
Registered
16,785 Posts
This modern Western Soap Opera sucked me in from the get go .. can't wait to see what kind of a rip-roaring Season finale will look like Sunday ..

I'm hoping John Dutton somehow pulls a rabbit out of his hat and saves the land from sale .. although it seems pretty bleak at this point, his constant contemplation must be leading up to something ..

·
Registered
20,733 Posts
This modern Western Soap Opera sucked me in from the get go .. can't wait to see what kind of a rip-roaring Season finale will look like Sunday ..

I'm hoping John Dutton somehow pulls a rabbit out of his hat and saves the land from sale .. although it seems pretty bleak at this point, his constant contemplation must be leading up to something ..
Beth did let that job go a little too easily ;)

·
Premium Member
9,503 Posts
At the end of the episode I thought there is no way they can wrap everything up in one episode (finale). There seem to be too many strings to pull, especially with the return of a certain character. I hope I’m wrong, but it seems to me that some of this would bleed into next season.
Since we know that there will be another season, I am counting on things rolling over into next season.

·
Registered
2,945 Posts
My ideal ending would be the two main adversaries of the family, the guy who fishes and the lawyer chick who fired our girl, find themselves dragged behind horses and tossed in the ditch with the rest of the cast offs. Country justice, landing hard. :)

·
Registered
6,294 Posts
Didn't John Dutton gives a clue? Said that you can't reason with evil but killing is meaner.

Beth said to the Lawyer your going to learn a painful lesson.

The one thing we know Beth won't be blushing. lol

·
Registered
16,785 Posts
Didn't John Dutton gives a clue? Said that you can't reason with evil but killing is meaner.

Beth said to the Lawyer your going to learn a painful lesson.

The one thing we know Beth won't be blushing. lol
"Meaner Than Evil" was the title of the last episode .. but, I doubt if the suits at Market Equities are going to be dumped in the canyon .. the thing about big Companies is, some new, ruthless person is always ready to jump in if there is an opening ..

John has been mulling over his dilemma now for a few episodes .. he remains adamant about not selling even a square inch .. the solution has to be something long term, since even without selling, the land is apparently not self sufficient and could end up being lost in a few years anyway due to taxes, etc ..

I don't know what the answer is, but I'm confident the writers have something up their sleeves ..

·
Registered
2,945 Posts
All true, but if their two main frontmen disappear without a trace, they may feel that greener and safer pastures could be found elsewhere.

·
Registered
16,785 Posts
All true, but if their two main frontmen disappear without a trace, they may feel that greener and safer pastures could be found elsewhere.
Well, anything is possible, however, with the connections I'm sure the Market Equities folks have both in DC and at the state level, the blowback on the Dutton's would be intense ..

And, they would probably just dig in deeper .. if an outfit is willing to offer half a billion dollars for property, they want it and they want it really bad ..

Reactions: WOKNROX and shivaji

·
Registered
20,733 Posts
"Meaner Than Evil" was the title of the last episode .. but, I doubt if the suits at Market Equities are going to be dumped in the canyon .. the thing about big Companies is, some new, ruthless person is always ready to jump in if there is an opening ..

John has been mulling over his dilemma now for a few episodes .. he remains adamant about not selling even a square inch .. the solution has to be something long term, since even without selling, the land is apparently not self sufficient and could end up being lost in a few years anyway due to taxes, etc ..

I don't know what the answer is, but I'm confident the writers have something up their sleeves ..
The one thing that would make sense is “donating” the land to the Native Americans to have the land “protected”. They could then work out a land/lease deal possibly. It would point to the Dutton/tribe leader meeting beginning of season when talking about the land and their shared interests.

·
Registered
16,785 Posts
The one thing that would make sense is “donating” the land to the Native Americans to have the land “protected”. They could then work out a land/lease deal possibly. It would point to the Dutton/tribe leader meeting beginning of season when talking about the land and their shared interests.
I don't know if John trusts Rainwater enough to do that deal .. I suppose a really, really long and ironclad lease could be a possibility, yet Rainwater still wants things to be "like before the White Men came" ..

Jamie is still a snake, and now he's in with his biological Father .. and a half a billion is on the line .. Jamie's rise from ranch hand to Attorney General may have him playing a part either for the Dutton's or against ..

There are a lot of twists and turns leading up to the season finale ..

Reactions: WOKNROX and Ph8te

·
Registered
1,316 Posts
John said something about Tate being the future of the ranch so I wouldn't rule that out even.
Jamie being estranged and in power scares me a bit, Beth will definitely land the last punch 👊 and they DO take their "brand" seriously 😳.

·
Registered
4,039 Posts
Loved the episode. The frontier justice with the two hangings surprised me, but it was deserved. There could be some ramifications.

·
Premium Member
9,503 Posts
Loved the episode. The frontier justice with the two hangings surprised me, but it was deserved. There could be some ramifications.
One hanging. The other guy killed himself by running into a tree branch, falling off his horse and slamming his head against a boulder.

161 - 180 of 221 Posts