AVS Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
200 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I know that I'm five years late to the party, but my wife wan't the menu's on the DVDs I compile on our Philips 3455H to look a little nicer. Enter YesDVD. I contacted YesDVD and their customer service said that they no longer offer ant suport for the product. Any suggestions from the forum. I was surprised that YesDVD through out the keys to unlock the software embedded in so many recorders. I olny use my recorder to compile my wifes clients apperances on local news channels. The unit used gently only used once a week to archive a three minute news segment.

·
Registered
200 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Well I wrote a gentle note to YesDVD and they offered up a complimentary unlock code. No I need to spring for some DVD+R OR DVD+RW blanks and give it a shot.

By the way I accidentally gave the the wrong pin request code to the gentlemen who helped me. I appears that the request PIN processes a custom unlock PIN. I want to meat the hacker who could have broken the code.

By the way YesDVD chose some realy bad partners over the years. The press release page on their wesite is a fringe player graveyard. Brand names include Lite-On, Polaroid, Go-Video, Apex, Grundig and the camera retailer Ritz Camera and Video.

Another note. I bought my Philips DVDR3455H/37 DVD recoder in Octoiber of 2006. The first recordings on the hard drive are of AC/Dc and the Faces on short lived VH-1 Classics Crown Jewels. The telephone customer service person who responded to my call claimed that YesDVD had abandoned the YesDVD software over five years ago. That would pre-date my purchase. According to the website the firm was bought in December of 2006 and I guess the new owners closed out th DVD recorder software busines in favor of the Film/Video/Slide to video transfer business.

Cheers, Michael

1 - 2 of 2 Posts