AVS Forum banner
1 - 20 of 32 Posts

·
Registered
401 Posts
Screw Dual Discs - you can get the SACD in Canada - BIA hands down!

Get the Stereo release of Fragile Ultradisc Gold CD by Mobile Fidelity (just out). Not surround but supposedly very very good mix.
http://www.audaud.com/article.php?ArticleID=2096

I have the DVDA - OK surround mix but very harsh high end. Probably OOP soon so if you want the surround version, pick it up anyways.

Like Paperboy2003 below, I have both and would get BIA.

·
Registered
401 Posts

·
Registered
149 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·

Quote:
Originally Posted by PaulT_BC /forum/post/0

Screw Dual Discs - you can get the SACD in Canada - BIA hands down!

Get the Stereo release of Fragile Ultradisc Gold CD by Mobile Fidelity (just out). Not surround but supposedly very very good mix.
http://www.audaud.com/article.php?ArticleID=2096

I have the DVDA - OK surround mix but very harsh high end. Probably OOP soon so if you want the surround version, pick it up anyways.

Well... looks like you were right! I just got an e-mail saying they no longer have it.

So... now the choice changes

Porcupine Tree - Deadwing DVD-A or Dire Straits - BIA SACD

Or maybe Foreigner - 4?

·
Registered
401 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xenos /forum/post/0

So... now the choice changes

Porcupine Tree - Deadwing DVD-A or Dire Straits - BIA SACD

Or maybe Foreigner - 4?

Still BIA

Deadwing is very good (personally I like In Absentia better). Don't have 4 but was never a really big Foreigner fan.

You will find that more and more DVDA are going OOP so if you 'think' you might like one you see and it is available - buy it.

·
Registered
579 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by PaulT_BC /forum/post/0

Yes - Fragile: I have the DVDA - OK surround mix but very harsh high end. Probably OOP soon so if you want the surround version, pick it up anyways.

Paul,

I've read elsewhere that the surround mix sounds harsh.

What about the 2 channel section?

·
Registered
401 Posts
To be honest I almost never listen to the stereo tracks on MC discs, so cannot comment on the stereo section. Have to assume the same EQ though. I'm away from home right now or I'd pop it in the player.

I'll probably pick up the MoFi Gold CD reissue for the stereo version.

·
Registered
114 Posts
I found a copy of BIA SACD at my local Best Buy last Saturday... it was never there before.

$22. Excellent surround mix.

·
Registered
579 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by stormchaser /forum/post/0

Where the hell did CD Universe find those? Fragile is really, really, hard to find. As to the OP, pick up the Foreigner as it is really rare now. the BIA will be around for awhile.

My local BB has three copies sitting there.

O course, Warners DVD-A's are expensive up here in Canada. Fragile is actually one of the cheaper ones at $25.99.

Same store has The Nightfly and both Foreigners. Maybe I should just hold my breath and pay....

1 - 20 of 32 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.