AVS Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have pulled this off a FAQ of the playstation forum in reguards to 5.1 surround:

Q: Are Movies/TV Shows availble in Surround Sound?

A: It has been confirmed by some users on this forum that SD content is only available in Stereo. HD content is available in both Stereo and 5.1 Surround Sound. In order to change the Audio track hit triangle button to bring up the Playstation Menu, than go to the Audio Options button and change it in there.

Now my take on this new store:

I live in an are with limited BD resources, Mainly walmart, (well, only walmart) and no VOD with the local cable. I dislike subscriptions, hence one of the reasons I chose Sony vs Microsoft. I will not buy any videos, but I will rent from sony. My Video purchases will be BD. I know the difference between a download and the BD, but is every movie worth being that anal about. I am not going to buy a 30 BD to see some Will Ferrell flick. Videorental stores are inconvenient and creepy.

I am glad to see the psn video store expect to use it again.

·
Registered
2,646 Posts
I noticed that some of the new trailers put out from E3 have at least .1 channels. Definitely an improvement from the last time I downloaded game trailers.

And glad to hear video download will have 5.1 as well. Now my wife and I can catch some movies we've been meaning to watch but don't have access to the DVD.

·
Registered
1,211 Posts
From my understanding it's not true 5.1, it's 2ch matrixed into multichannel. Someone correct me if I'm wrong though

·
Registered
12,175 Posts
From your understanding... article link please?

·
Registered
2,646 Posts
As long as it bitstreams it so that I can get .1, I don't care if it's in 5.1 or 2.1.

Okay, that's a lie. I do care. But, I care more about the freakin' .1 channel that I don't get through Linear PCM.

·
Registered
4,671 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by rdmiller /forum/post/14315973

Videorental stores are inconvenient and creepy.

Kinda like the guy from "Clerks I"

1 - 6 of 6 Posts