AVS Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
1,829 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Tonights YESHD is giving me major pixelation, macroblocking and some black flashes...

Everyone else is seeing this also I hope?

·
Premium Member
1,748 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by guffy1
Tonights YESHD is giving me major pixelation, macroblocking and some black flashes...

Everyone else is seeing this also I hope?
I think it's a DirecTV problem...I have it happening to me on D*, but not on Cablevision.

Correction: It's happening on CV now...just not as bad as D*.

·
Registered
3,533 Posts
Too bad the game's blacked out on INHD here in the Chicago area.

·
Registered
1,829 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Quote:
Originally Posted by jagouar
Looks fine on INHD.... must be another D* compression problem.
Boy, I sure wish I could get INHD where I live...

With the amount of HD baseball games they show on that channel I would cancel D* and their third world HD offerings in a country second...

This game is totally unwatchable on D*, what a shame that they are now hacking the one single channel that was actually close to being HD...

·
Registered
4,038 Posts
Quote:
Boy, I sure wish I could get INHD where I live...

With the amount of HD baseball games they show on that channel I would cancel D* and their third world HD offerings in a country second...

This game is totally unwatchable on D*, what a shame that they are now hacking the one single channel that was actually close to being HD...
They are not hacking anything. They are having problems. It is not macroblocking from compression but macroblocking from picture break ups and there are flashes.

Quality is still the same it ever was.

·
Registered
1,829 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Quote:
Originally Posted by CKNA
They are not hacking anything. They are having problems. It is not macroblocking from compression but macroblocking from picture break ups and there are flashes.

Quality is still the same it ever was.
The overall PQ reagardless of any technical difficulties looks below the usual standard to me...

IMO, the PQ in 2 of the last 3 games has been below the usual standard...

This game looks incredibly soft to me...

·
Registered
165 Posts
i am in new mexico watching the game on directv on ch 94 and i am also having some pixilzation and distortions...

·
Registered
LG 55" C9 OLED, Yamaha RX-A660, Monoprice 5.1.2 Speakers, WMC HTPC, TiVo Bolt, X1
45,618 Posts
INHD looks fine.

·
Registered
4,038 Posts
Quote:
The overall PQ reagardless of any technical difficulties looks below the usual standard to me...

IMO, the PQ in 2 of the last 3 games has been below the usual standard...

This game looks incredibly soft to me...
To me it looks the same. I compared it to couple games on my HD Tivo from earlier in the season and do not see any difference.

·
Registered
1,829 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Quote:
Originally Posted by CKNA
To me it looks the same. I compared it to couple games on my HD Tivo from earlier in the season and do not see any difference.
Well, I will concede that I did just swith from DVI to component cable today on my Sammy 360...

In the past Ive used both DVI and component with this Sammy 360 though, and never noticed much of a difference...

Ive always enjoyed the YESHD broadcasts on D*, PQ has for the most part been top notch, IMO...

Honestly that channel is the only reason I havent cancelled D* altogether...

To me it really seems to be slipping in the last few weeks...

·
Registered
830 Posts
INHD on Cox in Providence seems ok. A few cameras are maybe a touch out of focus? I get some dithering on the tight head shots when the batter is swaying back and forth just before the pitch comes in. It is always more pronounced on less focused objects. For comparison, on INHD2 I'm not having this issue in the Sox/Rangers game supplied by NESN.

·
Registered
1,152 Posts
toenail-

it is not just you- the focus problems on yashd are becoming commonplace.

also, they mix in a lot of SD cameras, incl the dugout closeup cams. when they split the screen between live action and the dugouts it is a bit distracting (or it is a commercial for HD- take your pick :) )

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.