AVS Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey all..I've tried not to be a complete newb, and hunt through the threads already started but I can't seem to find definitive answers. I just got a hold of a 1031Q and I'd like to hook it up to my PC. All of the posts concerning this seem to recommend either making your own cable, or using some sort of Extron box (which I don't fully understand).

I'm not too keen on making a cable myself, but I do have a regular VGA to 5 bnc cable set up on a PC monitor already, if that helps. What exactly do I need to get a hold of, and where could I buy it? Thanks in advance...

*edit*

I've also taken a look at that wonderful how-to on eboyztoyz, so I know that I'll have a lot of config work ahead of me :)

·
Registered
498 Posts
Hi infinite loop, Welcome to the forum.

If you have read the guide on eboyztoyz, you know what you are getting into, good luck itl be well worth it. The cable is very straight forward to make, if you are a bit worried about having a go, take the pinout diagram on eboyztoyz down to radio shack/maplin/rs components if you have places like this and they will make one up for you, or PM dagamepimp who makes these cables for a reasonable price.

If you keep looking on ebay, every so ofton one comes up, its a DB25 to 4 or 5 BNC's clarence will chime in with a link very shortly im sure :)

You don't really need an Extron unit, i used my 1031 for 12 months without one, all you need is the program powerstrip to send a negative sync output from your graphics card.

Last warning and most important, if you don't know already which im sure you do, DO NOT try feeding 800 x 600 @ 60hz or anything that goes over the 36khz scan rate of the unit, because it will kill it.

A good sweetspot resolution is 960 x 540 @ 60 hz or 50hz if your in PAL land. never got 48hz to work!

Hope this helps

James

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.