Not open for further replies.
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
4,037 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi,

Why not? It's our forum! :)

Last night a friend visited so I shown him some HD clips. After he left I don't want to switch back to poor DVD and found a HD movie I haven't watched. It's Koi to hanabi to kanransha http://us.imdb.com/Title?0119475 A silly romance movie about a middle age man finding a new love after his wife dead for 8 year. Anyway, the HD movie is recorded from Japanese BSD Wowow channel.

In term of picture quality, many HD shows look much better. But compared to any DVD presentation, this HD movie still looks much better. And most important, ZERO edge enhancement! Every object's edge is smooth and clear just like real! What a refreshment from a poor DVD picture! And that's from the AE100 480p picture. Without a direct comparsion, DVD usually looks good. But it will NEVER fully utility the power of AE100.

After the movie, I watched again some clips of this year (Hello Project 2002) Morning Musume HD concert. Now that's real HD shot in video. What a picture!

Yes, a iScan/transcoder/HTPC makes DVD looks great on the AE100. But the AE100 can do so much better...

End of my ranting! :)

regards,

Li On

PS: usage at 457 hours and counting...

·
Registered
2,378 Posts
Man, you better get another bulb ordered up! :D You'll be at 5000 in no time.

·
Registered
4,037 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Hi jeroen,

If you're really crazy about them (I guess you are!) and have the money to spare, we may work something out! Will send you PM.

regards,

Li On

·
Registered
32 Posts
Ok, so what resolution are you outputting and from what source? Is this from STB or HD VCR? Please explain.

Thanks

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.