1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
9,769 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·

·
Registered
1,355 Posts
YUK YUK YUK! This is poor humor at best! Someone has too much free time on their hands!

·
Registered
6,227 Posts
Poor Humour does sum it up... at best...

This borders on the insulting and when you mailed me privately I stated I thought it inappropriate...

Although you dont have a Pannie on order you seem to enjoy muddying the waters.. I would ask you personally (not as a moderator) not to...

------------------
New email [email protected]
HTPC without using windows... GUI Front Ends for Home Theater

·
Registered
9,769 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Sorry Phat. It's not intended to muddy the waters, but as a lighthearted way that some of us can get a little chuckle.

Sometimes humor is the best medicine. I think we have all lost site of the fact that an Anamorphic lense isn't gonna make or break our lives, although sometimes we act like it is.

Being Friday, hopefully this little joke can loosen the collars for some so they can have a fun and worry free weekend.

I'll have a drink for you tonight. http://www.avsforum.com/ubb/wink.gif

·
Registered
4,525 Posts
I, for one, found this very funny!

The excellent humor site The Onion struggled with a similar question regarding the WTC tragedy...asking themselves "When will it be OK to laugh about this?".

Stop by the site ( www.theonion.com )to see if you find it funny or offensive. I, for one, appreciate the opportunity to be able to enjoy a laugh at this quite serious topic!

YMMV.

·
Registered
1,515 Posts
I found it amusing as well. By the way,I've had "the onion" bookmarked for some time now after hearing the editor being interviewed on National Public Radio. It's a great site -- sure to offend somebody though.

------------------

Steve

·
Registered
492 Posts
I have a Panamorph on order I realize that my investment is in jeopardy, However there appears to be a certain element that seems to take an almost perverse pleasure in rubbing salt into the wounds of the Panamorph situation.

They become immediately insulted if this is suggested to them as being inappropriate. Almost like the bully who gets insulted when someone questions there actions, or in this case motives.

These same individuals find an unproven alternative and extoll its virtues.

I think the Panamorph , if it does succed will be a welcome addition. If it does fail, I will be upset, but I will recognize that there will be no winners, and I will respect my other forum members feelings

Michael

------------------

tuckerdog

·
Registered
24 Posts
Life is 10% what happens to you----90% how you react to it.

------------------

Better Living through big expences electronics.

·
Registered
505 Posts
Some feel that it may be poor humor, but I admit I did LMAO.

------------------

Gary

STOP DVI/HDCP!

DVI/HDCP! ~= HD-DIVX!!!

DO NOT SUPPORT JVC or anyone else who supports this!

·
Registered
4,075 Posts
When you handle things as badly as Cygnus has, you should expect to get roasted a bit. I got a laugh out of it, quite frankly. If I actually get a lens, and it doesn't leak or have other big flaws, I'll consider myself lucky at this point.

Dan

·
Registered
180 Posts
Anyone who can read that and not at least smile has a serious funnybone defect. Funniest post I have ever read on this forum. Still laughing.You see Tryg it is just a matter of volume. Sooner or later you get one right.

·
Registered
2,151 Posts
I wonder if Shawn finds it funny?

Would anybody like to be in his shoes?

Chris

·
Registered
357 Posts
I'm pretty new to this forum, what is the deal with the panamorph lenses?

Is it just that they keep getting more expensive even though no one is recieving their product?

Aaron

·
Registered
2,151 Posts
Now that's funny. :D

Chris

·
Registered
9,769 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Wigggles, did you get to see this?

·
Registered
3,496 Posts
I've been reading the onion for years. It started as a weekly free paper here in madison. Half humor, half local goings on, reviews, etc. Great stuff.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.