AVS Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
333 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
well i hate to sound dumb but i have no idea whatsoever how to even get started with my IRman /girder combo to control my htpc-zoomplayer - via the remote that came with the IRman. so far i have conected the IRman reciever to the com port 1 ( i think ) but i dont think IRman is recieving anything. My first question would be how can i check if the IRman reciever is working and that the port is activated or whatever it needs? Im pretty sure its in the right place because its the only port in the back of my computer where the IRman reciever fit ( right next to the printer port).

other than that what do i do , im ONLY interested in controling my zoom player dvd--thats it . zooms simple functions will do , nothin really fancy neccesary. Any help s greatly appreciated. thanx

·
Registered
6,227 Posts
First make sure you have a free comm port installed (in windows not in HW)... Connect up the IRMan... Start Girder... Set the comm port you think you are using in Girder (trial and error is what I do)... And set Girders input HW to be IRMan...

Press an IR button on your remote if all is set up correctly you should see the indictor in girder flash from red (no signal) to green (input signal) even if no commands are being used...

If this is not working first time usual culprit is the comm port, if you have multiple comm ports installed, systematically try them all...

Also advised is to set up auto enable on the IRMan HW input so that it happens each time Girder starts automaticaly.. I also set Girder to run in the system tray at startup...

Sorry I am not able to give exact menu places of these options but I am on a laptop with Girder installed...

·
Registered
333 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Hey thanx for responding Phreddy,

i have verified that the comport is working , i get "ok" in reception everytime i hit a button on my remote in that IRman "IR server" window that comes with IRman. I have also noticed that girder 2.1E that comes with the evation software ( which is also installed) is working fine and has a green light. When i open up girder 3.0 however , i get a redlight everytime and it cant see my input device.

·
Registered
289 Posts
jisaac,

I just went though weeks of hair-pulling with my IRman, only to find out that it was defective. This seems to be a rare thing, but the factory checked it and confirmed that it was bad. The customer service guy Romke was very helpful and sent me the communication protocol to use for checking the IRman. I posted that info in the Girder forum at (I think) girder.nl or something like that. You can search there to find it, or I can get it for you when I get home.

Ross

Edit: I'm home now and was able to pull up that info. Use Hyperterminal to connect to the IRman through the com port, using 9600 baud, and send "IR" the IRman. The response will apparently help you diagnose the IRman. Since mine was defective, I didn't get any response at all.

·
Registered
40 Posts
1 - 5 of 5 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.