AVS Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Alright, moving into a new condo and needing to find me a nice TV for a HTPC/FiOS situation. This is going to be a 'starter' TV, till the GF graduates and I can bribe her into letting me build a real home theater.

Did some basic perusing and have a few models in mind, but open to suggestions.

My budget is right around the $1k mark, going over is fine, but I dont want to push to far.

The seating distances vary, want to either put this in the living room (14'x13') or bedroom (12'x13'), so viewing distances will probably range from 6-12 feet.

Not really any size/placement limitations, will be on a stand.

Corner unit shaded by trees so not much direct sun, nothing blackout drapes can't fix either.

As mentioned sources will either be dvd->1080p content from a HTPC or from a FiOS HD STB.

Some of the models I've been perusing are:

Samsung LN40D630

Samsung UN40C6300

Sharp LC40LE830U

Sony KDL40EX720

LG 47LK520

LG 42LV5500

Any feedback of these models, or even something else entirely would be greatly appreciated.

·
Registered
446 Posts
You have a variety of models there, the Samsung UN40C6300 is last years models just so you know. Have you looked at the Sony EX620? If you weren't interested in 3D the EX720 has 3D while the EX620 doesn't.

You said some light comes in the room then you may want to look at a Sony or LG because of the matte screen.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I generally can't see 3D, and and so it's not an important feature, I was mainly looking at price and remaining feature set.

What light comes in wont be direct light, so I dont think glare will be too much of a problem.

Lets say if I narrow it down to:

Vizio XVT3D474SV

LG 42LV5500

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.