AVS Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
707 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just picked up the Jamo 406 set from vanns (mainly for the towers) to replace my Jamo sub/sat setup I've been using for the past seven years. My old Jamo 100w downfiring 10 incher is paired up with the towers now, but I'm getting the itch to upgrade my sub. Ideally, I would like the Epik legend or an Elemental Design, but the wife is giving me a hard time dropping $500 on a sub. I've read extensively about the Bic F12 but amazon recently jacked the price up. I'm considering the Lava 12 inch for the AVS discount. I can also get a Velo impact 12 for $238 shipped.

My room is 18 x 16, 60/40 HT/music, under $300 is an easier sell to the wife.

My Jamo is about 7 years old. Still made in denmark. Sounds pretty good with the setup now. Just gets overwhelmed with some of my bluray concerts like black label society, etc. Movies seem to have plenty of punch. Will any of these subs provide a significant increase over what I'm running now?

Thanks again. You guys are always a great help and your input is truly appreciated.

·
Registered
2,327 Posts
One of the main issues here is the room size. It's to big for your current Jamo. The other issue is your available funds. You don't have much. I don't want to butt heads with your wife, but you need a little more $ to get this done. I would suggest at least two 12'' subs as a starting point. You could go even larger. But then the prices start to go up again. 2 of those Lava 12'' subs would be a huge improvement.

·
Registered
862 Posts
Question for OP or others:

OP had a couple of ideas for sub around $250, the F-12 and the Velo for $238.

Then he's also considering Epik Legend for $500 or Elemental Designs in that same ballpark.

-----------------------------------------------------------

What would one get by purchasing the Epik or eD and paying twice as much, over the F-12 or Velo?

Thanks for your thoughts.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts