AVS Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
75 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just realized that my momitsu is cutting off material on the right side. in 720p mode i can see the light leakage where the picture should continue but doesnt. in other modes the picture at least fills the screen (no dead area of just light leakage) but info is still lost as compared to another dvd player.

using the Gladiator menu screen for example......with the momitsu i can see 4 columns on the building to the right....with another dvd player i see the whole building.

i am using DVI through to a Z2 projector. Im getting ready to switch to component to see if there is a difference.

Anyone else experience anything like this?

·
Registered
75 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
more on this..

ok...i switched to component and actually more was cut off....in all 3 modes (480,720,1080).

back to DVI.....all modes show the same amount of material....the real showstopper though is DVI, 720p mode...which matches my Z2 so I would really like to use it...BUT

the problem is i lose about 6 inches of picture from the right side only......the info is there...just zoomed out, but only zoomed from the right....so if I center the picture...all other sources would be out of whack.

anyone else with a Z2 and momitsu please help me out.....i guess this could be an issue with the projector, or projector/player combo....but Ive read on here about the sucess between the Z2 and the momitsu 720p DVI out.....

·
Registered
477 Posts
I use a 1:1 pixel perfect custom resolution ([email protected] for my TW100, converted from PowerStrip values) and I have no overscan (nothing, zip, nil). I get the whole image, nothing lost (checked with the overscan test pattern on DVE)...

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.