AVS Forum banner
1 - 20 of 41 Posts

·
Registered
16,923 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
quote:

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

In their financial report, released today, Ubisoft announced their Q4 lineup for the 2006-2007 fiscal year. Mysteriously absent from that list is the PlayStation 3 version of Ghost Recon Advanced Warfighter 2. The Xbox 360, PSP and PC versions of the game are all listed. Ubisoft informed 1UP that the PlayStation 3 version of the game has not been canceled, it will just release later than the Xbox 360 version of the game.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

News Source: 1UP

·
Registered
8,070 Posts
How many people are actually waiting for these games that are out or are coming out for the 360? Wake me when the exclusives are delayed.

·
Registered
8,070 Posts
VF will not be online until we all have 20mb upstream. Sega repeats over and over they do not want the gameplay diminished in any way. The gameplay really does not lend itself to slow reflexes much less the delay of internet latency.

·
Registered
4,357 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by FrankJ.Cone /forum/post/0

VF will not be online until we all have 20mb upstream. Sega repeats over and over they do not want the gameplay diminished in any way. The gameplay really does not lend itself to slow reflexes much less the delay of internet latency.

Just figured this would be like other fighters coming out nowdays with online play. Hit or miss perhaps, but cool when it works. I'll admit I haven't played the VF games but I'm looking forward to it from what I've heard.

·
Registered
241 Posts
anyone else notice the growing number of multi platform games that are magically being delayed for the ps3 and nothing else. kinda makes you wonder if they are really having that many problems porting them over or if there is some "higher" power involved in the delays. another thing that pisses me off if everyone is developing for the 360 then porting it over and not optimising the game for the ps3.

these trends have to stop, because it is really pissing off all the gamers out there.

·
Registered
254 Posts

Quote:

Virtua Fighter will never be online until we figure out how to make light move faster.

Its not a bandwidth problem, its latency that makes fighting games lag online, and VF would be UNPLAYABLE with even a tiny amount of lag.

·
Registered
3,055 Posts

Quote:

How many people are actually waiting for these games that are out or are coming out for the 360? Wake me when the exclusives are delayed.

Not everyone owns both a PS3 and 360. Spending $1000 on consoles is unreasonable for some of us.

·
Registered
810 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by RassilonZero /forum/post/0

Virtua Fighter will never be online until we figure out how to make light move faster.

Its not a bandwidth problem, its latency that makes fighting games lag online, and VF would be UNPLAYABLE with even a tiny amount of lag.

yeah, same as FPS is unplayable online...or, wait...maybe not.

Sega just doesnt want to spend money on developing extra features until they are forced to...

·
Registered
1,341 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by spwolf /forum/post/0

Sega just doesnt want to spend money on developing extra features until they are forced to...

Virtua Fighter is highly frame intensive (being the most technical and deepest fighter out there)...having the smallest bit of lag would throw the game off. Many people who like to play online wouldn't care as much, but for anyone who's a VF fan, it would be hard to swallow.

·
Registered
254 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by spwolf /forum/post/0

network coding for FPS is NOTHING like a fighting game.

Come back when you have a clue.

Even Streetfighter 3 (or even 2 for that matter) can NOT be played online without lag that affects the gameplay. VF has even tighter timing windows. It would be IMPOSSIBLE to play VF5 online and have it be the same game.

·
Registered
5,084 Posts

Quote:

what a load of crap. sega should talk to tecmo if they need help coding next gen fighting games to run smoothly (as butter) over the net. now i'm beginning to see why itagaki doesn't take his counterparts at sega and namco seriously. say what you want about doa compared to vf and tekken, but at least he's not caught up in outdated thinking and is willing to innovate...

mark my words, vf5 for the 360 WILL have online play...

·
Registered
861 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by talbain /forum/post/0

I highly doubt it will. Frankly, why would it?

·
Registered
307 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Azzkker /forum/post/0

anyone else notice the growing number of multi platform games that are magically being delayed for the ps3 and nothing else. kinda makes you wonder if they are really having that many problems porting them over or if there is some "higher" power involved in the delays. another thing that pisses me off if everyone is developing for the 360 then porting it over and not optimising the game for the ps3.

Could be the delay is becausing they are optimizing for the PS3? That'd be the optimistic perspective. Since I own a PS3 and this is a PS3 forum, I'll not bother with the pesimistic perspective,

·
Registered
254 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by talbain /forum/post/0

what a load of crap. sega should talk to tecmo if they need help coding next gen fighting games to run smoothly (as butter) over the net. now i'm beginning to see why itagaki doesn't take his counterparts at sega and namco seriously. say what you want about doa compared to vf and tekken, but at least he's not caught up in outdated thinking and is willing to innovate...

No it wont. Sega AM2 has already said that neither version will have online play.

Sega has also officially said that VF will never have online play.

You cant compare DOA with Virtua Fighter for online play. DOA has HUGE timing input windows, is a huge button masher, and even so, they had to make the timing even more forgiving for online play (the game is NOT the same online compared to offline).

There are moves in VF with 1-3 frame timing, ANY lag means forget about it.

Until light moves faster, virtua fighter will be UNPLAYABLE online.

People who dont know the first thing about virtua fighter need to stop talking out their ass about putting it online.

·
Registered
2,245 Posts
WHAT? It is a bandwidth issue, the issue is the bandwidth of copper that goes into everybodys house. VF online is possible, light doesnt need to move faster. We just need Fiber to the homes. A single OC-1 (51.8 Mbps) would be plenty to support VF or any other fighter online. Problem is..that would be stupid money for the average Joe.

Quote:

·
Registered
5,084 Posts

Quote:

No it wont. Sega AM2 has already said that neither version will have online play.

Sega has also officially said that VF will never have online play.

You cant compare DOA with Virtua Fighter for online play. DOA has HUGE timing input windows, is a huge button masher, and even so, they had to make the timing even more forgiving for online play (the game is NOT the same online compared to offline).

There are moves in VF with 1-3 frame timing, ANY lag means forget about it.

Until light moves faster, virtua fighter will be UNPLAYABLE online.

People who dont know the first thing about virtua fighter need to stop talking out their ass about putting it online.

yeah, i hope that last comment wasn't directed towards me...i know virtua fighter quite well, thanks, and have owned every console virtua fighter... the whole "unplayable online" excuse has been used countless times for countless games over the years, and it's simply not true. sega could do it if they want, and maybe that's why they've been near bankruptcy several times-lack of innovation and unwillingness to change old perceptions.

back on topic, graw 2 is a real system seller. i wonder how the delay will alter sales. i mean, if you have both consoles and were holding out for the ps3 version for some reason, would you just pick up the 360 version and be done with it, or would you stick it out? it's the same situation with the new nba street game that's coming out. the ps3 version comes out a month after the 360 version...

·
Registered
358 Posts
Well i've been waiting for the PS3 version of RB6 Vegas for quite some time now... But I don't mind really because i've got Resistance CoD3 and a couple of BD movies to hold me over till that releases. But I have played the demo for it on the 360 and its looking amazing.

1 - 20 of 41 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.