AVS Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
79 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all,

I'm the proud new owner of a Samsung 58" Plasma (PN55C8000). Bought it yesterday on Black Friday. Loving the set... however the sound leaves a lot to be desired. Even though I'm really not an audiofile at all, I went online looking for one of these "soundbar" things.

At this point, I'm only looking at the ones that plug directly into the TV. And now that I've looked at them, they all seems to require their own remote. Wow, does that suck! My question to the pros here is whether or not one of these things exists that will sync or integrated to either my Cox DVR remote or the Samsung TV remote?

Thanks.

·
Registered
548 Posts
If you get something that uses HDMI-CEC (BraviaLink, Anynet, VierraLink) you can set the TV to "External Speakers" and control the volume using the TV remote. Also the Boston and Polk sound bars can learn the controls from your TV remote

·
Registered
1,878 Posts
Or make your life a whole lot easier and purchase a Logitech Harmony. It will change your life.

·
Registered
548 Posts
Except the Harmony is activity based and is a one-way remote. It can't tell if devices are on or off.

HDMI-CEC is actually a communication protocol. I had a Harmony, its a pain in the ass compared to HDMI-CEC for the basic stuff.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts