Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
138 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just got my HD100 and I cannot pick up any digital stations with it. :(

I was able to pick up fox 40.1 here in folsom, CA for a little while, but after auto-programming again, it disappeared. No station gives any signal strength at all on the meter. Every station stuck at 0... I should be able to pick up digital OTA stations without a problem since I'm pretty close to the antennas without obstructions ( no buildings, mountains, etc..) Antennaweb says a small omni-directional should do fine...

I have all 4 patches. I heard something about a 5th patch coming through? anyone know any thing about that? Any other ideas? I have a Channel Master 3010 (i think that's the model..) Stealthtenna attached to the digital UHF/VHF (DTV) port and directv sattelite signal attached to the sattelite port (though i'm waiting on a new access card...), and have tried it in several rotation positions, including ones that get relatively good quality analog pickup from the same stations. I know the box isn't busted because i did pick up fox digital for a little while..

could the digital OTA reception be limited by my lack of a working access card for D*? Not the wire to the antenna, I've tried it with high-quality coax with the same results...

Help!

Thanks!

-Mortt

also, in case anyone didn't know, there are a couple more codes for the HD 100 that might be useful to some out there

exit exit 7 7 7 7 x exit

where x = 1, 2, 3, 4, or 5.

1 and 2 i think give a list of which stations are HD/SD and what transponders they come in on. pretty useful, I've been looking for that infor for a while. nice to have it all in one palce.

·
Registered
4,111 Posts
You've discovered that picking up digital OTA is not as easy as it seems :)

It has nothing to do w/the 4 patches (I've yet to see a 5th).

It has nothing to do w/the presence of your access card.

It has *everything* to do w/your antenna and it's placement.

Just because you can get analog stations doesn't mean you'll get the digital stations; a signal strength of "0" tells me either that your antenna is shorted/grounded (by accident) or you're no where close to the right elevation/orientation/distance. I'm not familiar with the type of antenna you mentioned, but when I went through this exercise, I ended up with a Silver Sensor (UHF only) with very carelful placement up in the attic. One thing's for sure: I doubt it's the HD-100.

Good luck.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.