AVS Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 34 Posts

·
Registered
4,580 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I got the email today. My P752 has shipped. I am very excited. I hope it works with the gigantic lens on my 3 chip DLP (don't worry, 99.99% of you will never have this problem). In any case, I will post my review/observations/opinions, etc. after I get it set up. There has already been plenty posted on this lens already. I'm not sure how much more you want to hear about it, although I expect some technical questions will arise. In any case, the good times are coming!

·
Registered
4,129 Posts
Hot Diggidy Dog! I was in at $600 so I'm not far off.

------------------

The button is labeled "Play", not "Pay". STOP the MPAA!

Our Silent Angels

Please visit The Manny Page!

·
Registered
1,524 Posts
Quote:
Originally posted by Larry Davis:
I'm not sure how much more you want to hear about it,
I think people want to hear: I've set up my Panamorph!!!

Sounds like it'll be soon!

Mike

------------------

Join the NYC-area HT club! Send me e-mail!

·
Registered
2,157 Posts

·
Registered
4,580 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Hi everybody,

Believe me, I can't wait to set it up. I will probably have to make some adjustemnts, but nothing too involved. I will post my remarks as soon as possible.

Hi Ben,

It was sent two day Fed Ex. I should have it by Wednesday evening.

·
Registered
6,227 Posts

·
Registered
760 Posts
Quote:
Originally posted by Larry Davis:

I'm not sure how much more you want to hear about it
Congrats Larry! http://www.avsforum.com/ubb/smile.gif

As far as how much we want to hear about it, we want to hear EVERYTHING you got! We want loads and loads of technical posts from you. Complete, concise, up to the minute reports. After all, that's just what you get for being the first one down the list! http://www.avsforum.com/ubb/wink.gif

Cheers,

Luca

------------------

PICTURES OF MY THEATER
albums.photopoint.com/j/AlbumIndex?u=1659592&a=12715694&f=0

·
Registered
4,580 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Thanks, Luca. http://www.avsforum.com/ubb/icons/icon6.gif I kind of expected that I would be asked a zillion questions. I have my projector on a videocart. I will probably have to remove the top shelf. With a sledge hammer. No joke. So, depending on how much work I have to do, you may not here from me until Thursday. But I will post ASAP.

·
Registered
1,608 Posts
tbshooter,

Guess I missed it too. When did you order yours?

Carey

·
Registered
4,580 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
I figured before people start asking "what's up, Larry?", I should let you know. I have good news and bad news. The good news is, I got the lens. The bad news is, I'm having a problem. For now, I'd rather not go into detail until Shawn responds to my emails. When I hear from him, I'll make a more detailed post.

·
Registered
574 Posts
Larry,

I'm sure that if you are having a problem, I can understand that you need input from Shawn before talking about it... but I sure hope that it isn't an issue all of us will face or one that can be fixed.

Please post as soon as you feel you can disclose.

Brian

------------------

Our Home Theater - http://www.fatbulldog.com

Last updated 6/1/01

·
Registered
105 Posts
Quote:
Originally posted by Carey P:
tbshooter,

Guess I missed it too. When did you order yours?

Carey
I ordered on the last day of the first power buy from AVS.

·
Registered
4,129 Posts
Quote:
Originally posted by tbshooter:

I ordered on the last day of the first power buy from AVS.
So we are neck-and-neck eh Comrade? Me too. It was a busy day, but I just felt like I had to check in at the forum and there, to my gleaming eyes, was the last chance at $600. I took some heat from the war department when I bought and then asked, but the fruit is on its way...

------------------

The button is labeled "Play", not "Pay". STOP the MPAA!

Our Silent Angels

Please visit The Manny Page!

·
Registered
4,580 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Ok, here's the deal. The P752's entrance aperture is too small for the lens on my 3 chip DLP. This doesn't mean it won't work with 3 chip DLP's, just that my particular (1.2:1 fixed lens) lens isn't compatible. I am getting substantial vignetting. If I buy another lens, I may be able to use the P752. So I am weighing my options.

In the meantime, I can't use the Panamorph II (the 4:3 to 2.35:1 lens), so I asked Shawn for a refund. He has comitted to that, so I am satisfied. It's better to have one Panamorph that works, than two that don't.

I am also dealing with root canal pain. Root canal #3 appears to be on it's way, so I am not exactly loaded with energy. Later (and I do mean *later*) tonight, I will electronically shrink the image with YXY and put it through it's limited paces. I will start a new thread on this. In the meanwhile, I can say that when I took the lens out of the box, I thought they forgot to put the oil in. It's so clear it looked empty. I thought that was pretty neat. I'll be back later with a detailed report.

·
Registered
1,608 Posts
tbshooter, Man E,

I ordered on the last day too. Wonder how many did? Lets let each other know when we hear from Shawn! Good luck.

Carey

1 - 20 of 34 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.