AVS Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
413 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
When the seven AVS members (myself included) went to the Samsung event at CBS studios earlier this month, Askewed tape recorded the whole thing.

Askewed, I don't suppose you'd like to transcribe the relevant portions of the talk if you haven't erased it already. The part about the differences among the various HLN models only being cosmetic might be a good piece for starters, considering that a good third of these threads deal with this issue in one way or another...and there seem to be a good number of people who just don't believe what we're saying.

Would you have time to compile a one page, "best of" transcription? I think a lot of people would benefit from it, and if I had thought of it in time would have brought my own tape recorder. Not to put you on the spot, but you are the only game in town I do believe...unless someone else had a recorder hidden up their sleeve or something...

Just a thought.

-Vermonster

·
Registered
124 Posts
I'm a bit ashamed to say I haven't even listened to it yet (no time) to find out if it picked up the voices well enough to hear. I will however, do that and get back to you... well this thread. If it is audible, I can't say when I could even do this... would you like me to send you the tape??? :)

·
Registered
413 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I'm actually going to be very busy myself for the next 8 weeks actually...but I suppose I could spare a few hours - I wouldn't transcribe the whole the thing, just the highlights...and I'd probably only do the DLP bit anyway...I think that's all anyone really cares about (in regards to Samsung products that is). If you want to PM me I'll give you my address...if the tape even came out.

Thanks,

-Vermonster

·
Registered
1,368 Posts
I also taped the entire presentation and listened to the part of the DLP presentation and there's very little in the tape that has not already been posted. I do not know what will be goal in transcribing the tape unless I am missing the point here?

·
Registered
124 Posts
Quote:
Originally posted by motjes2
I also taped the entire presentation and listened to the part of the DLP presentation and there's very little in the tape that has not already been posted. I do not know what will be goal in transcribing the tape unless I am missing the point here?
My trust in what motjes2 says. No tape transcribe needed.

·
Registered
413 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Sorry guys. You're probably right. I posted this thread right after someone told me that I should be "clued in" to the difference in the HLN internals by the big price difference among the various, same-sized models (which doesn't exist). I was just getting tired of saying 'take my word for it." Maybe people think that something got lost in the translation, which was why I was thinking I'd be happier if I could just reference a verbatum thread.

But I suppose it's not really worth it in the end.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.
Status
Not open for further replies.