AVS Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
6,525 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Reading the NE GTG thread had me curious about Yorkvilles speaker as I have never heard of this brand before. I went to their website and read about their speakers and found the YX10 (97db sensitivity) that meets my criteria in speaker height. As some of you might know that I was looking to buy some high sensitivity bookshelf speakers and was thinking about building three Fusion 8's for my front LCR used 100% for movie. Has anyone here used pro speakers for home theater? Thought on using three YX10 as LCR in hometheater? Three Yorkvilles YX10 costs less than $600 shipped which is about the same price as the DIY Fusion 8. Thanks.

http://www.yorkville.com/products.asp?type=29&cat=58&id=348

·
Registered
1,344 Posts
Sorry I do not have an answer for your question but also wonder if the YX10 sounds as good or better than those SEOS DIY in similar price range like the Fusion 8 or 10 Pure? Perhap, you can try them out and let us know?

·
Registered
894 Posts
Might want to ask in the GTG thread and get more opinions.

We didn't get to hear the Yorkie bookshelf... So guessing at how the bookshelf will sound compared to the floor standards is very hard. If it helps at all...go look at the Classfied ads... The primary builder of the SEOS we listened to has an ad placed for used Yorkvilles...

Not sure on their return policy. In general though...I don't like the sound of Pro speakers ...now for HT they are probably just fine. It is just they are seem a little dead to me compared to non-pro speakers.

Just my .02 and in this case it is worth less than normal since I never heard the bookshelf.

I did hear the SEOS and they were darn nice for the money... However there is the whole tools / learning curve thing with DIY.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts