AVS Forum banner

1 - 20 of 292 Posts

·
Registered
6,324 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Like the title of the thread states… if you could only buy ONE reference Blu Ray Concert DVD to show off your set-up, what would it be?

·
Registered
470 Posts
I think I'd go for Chris Botti's "In Boston", that's one of my favorite BR, I especially like both the "Cinema Paradiso" and "Emmanuel" performances...those give me goosebumps

·
Registered
1,859 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by JonFo  /t/1414802/you-ve-got-one-reference...buy-which-one-is-it-going-to-be#post_22117632

Porcupine Tree Anesthetize

Incredible surround mix, good audio quality and great music.

+1

Anything Steven Wilson is involved with is going to have very good production. Definitely my go to concert BR when demoing.

·
Registered
3,444 Posts
The Dave Matthews/Tim Reynolds BR is excellent, as is pretty much everything done by Steven Wilson/PT.

·
Registered
577 Posts
I'd second "Concert for George". But the the "Crossroads" series of concerts are pretty awesome, too. Others which are good are "Lovely to see You" by the Moody Blues, and "Sittin' in Again" by Loggins and Messina.

·
Registered
3,444 Posts
The Police/Certifiable is a good one as well. Although probably not reference quality, I've been enjoying the new Joe Satriani release. Apparently one of the few 7.1 concert blus.

·
Registered
255 Posts
Chris Botti "In Boston" is absolutely reference. It's in Dolby TrueHD 7.1 at 96khz. There is a quartet verson of Sting singing "Fragile" in the behind the scenes take that is pure awesomeness! Botti's other blueray is just as good with Sting's "Message in a Bottle" which stands out.

·
Registered
6,324 Posts
Discussion Starter #19

Quote:
Originally Posted by zheka  /t/1414802/you-ve-got-one-reference...buy-which-one-is-it-going-to-be#post_22124312

to show-off I often find myself playing the opening track on Blue Man Group: How to Be a Megastar Live! . It is a cheap way to the wows.

as far as good live concerts that I personally enjoyed lately I'd mention the following two:

Radiohead's THE KING OF LIMBS FROM THE BASEMENT

and

Lou Reed's Berlin

I have the Blue Man Group Blu Ray and yes, it is very good.

I Feel Love with Venus Hum is what I have turned to many times for a unique sound demo.

·
Registered
6,324 Posts
Discussion Starter #20

Quote:
Originally Posted by quattroatl  /t/1414802/you-ve-got-one-reference...buy-which-one-is-it-going-to-be#post_22125028

Chris Botti "In Boston" is absolutely reference. It's in Dolby TrueHD 7.1 at 96khz. There is a quartet verson of Sting singing "Fragile" in the behind the scenes take that is pure awesomeness! Botti's other blueray is just as good with Sting's "Message in a Bottle" which stands out.

I've just seen to many recommendations for this Blu Ray to NOT pick it up.

I think I'm going to give it a shot.

1 - 20 of 292 Posts