AVS Forum banner

61 - 80 of 291 Posts

·
Registered
1,478 Posts
I guess you could do Gentle Giant: The Power and the Glory as you would get great music, incredible 5.1 mix and video to boot.

·
Registered
153 Posts
Good suggestions, if you're old.... :p

LCD Soundsystem- Shut Up and Play the Hits.

Great sound. Great video. Great band. Fantastic concert.

A truly reference , feels like you're there, concert bluray experience. In every way possible. :)

·
Premium Member
1,027 Posts
Good suggestions, if you're old....
Careful, I might be getting to resemble that remark! :)

Good suggestions for the young, and old...good music, is good music, no matter the era! ;)

Cheers

·
Registered
515 Posts
Careful, I might be getting to resemble that remark! :)

Good suggestions for the young, and old...good music, is good music, no matter the era! ;)

Cheers
Agreed. I'm 29, and love classic rock. I enjoy all the high quality ones too. Will have to give LCD Soundsystem a shot. Saw James Murphy once at Gathering of The Vibes.

·
Registered
153 Posts
Good music is good music! hear hear! :)

James Murphy is a massive audio and music perfectionist. He is awesome. My father in law is a big Rush\Hip\Dire Straits\Springsteen fan. He loves LCD too. :) A must buy if you like the band, post punk, alt dance or indie music in general. Very fun special guest appearances.... including spaceships. :cool:

·
Premium Member
1,027 Posts
Good music is good music! hear hear! :)

James Murphy is a massive audio and music perfectionist. He is awesome. My father in law is a big Rush\Hip\Dire Straits\Springsteen fan. He loves LCD too. :) A must buy if you like the band, post punk, alt dance or indie music in general. Very fun special guest appearances.... including spaceships. :cool:
I saw that you mentioned the "Hip" so had to check and, of course, see that you're Canadian! Although I've been living in Panama for 25 years, I'm Canadian too...love the Tragically Hip! ;)

Cheers

I just checked out some YouTube clips of Shut Up and Play the Hits...I will pick up a copy of the blu-ray!

·
Registered
557 Posts
For sure, The Eagles concert is hard to beat. I have about 150 BD concerts, and Jethro Tull in Montreux 2003 is still a favourite ;)
Which Eagles concert? i have hell freezes over on DVD and love that version of hotel california. is there blu-ray with that version?

·
Registered
557 Posts
bit off topic, but anyone got a really good dire straits blu-ray. i have brothers in arms SACD, which i love, but would like to find a really good quality concert too/

·
Registered
625 Posts
bit off topic, but anyone got a really good dire straits blu-ray. i have brothers in arms SACD, which i love, but would like to find a really good quality concert too/
A quick look at Amazon reveals that only Alchemy appears to have made it to BluRay. There's something a bit special about this one though, and that's the bonus material in the form of 2 episodes of the BBCs Old Grey Whistle Test, one from 1978 and the other from 1980. This BBC show was famous for showcasing some of the best performers in rock history. Just about everybody who was anybody appeared on the show. The BluRay is worth having for the extras alone. (I'm about to order my copy).

Edit: Ordered. Thanks for reminding me that I was missing this concert.

·
Registered
153 Posts
Own the Dire Strais Alchemy bluray. The stereo mix sounds better. The surround mix is pretty average. Not very dynamic or present at all. Good performance still.

·
Registered
8,943 Posts
The Melbourne concert made HD-DVD, but not Blu-ray. That's about the only reason I still have my HD-DVD player still around. Alchemy audio is good, not great. The video is old SD, but fun nonetheless.

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

·
Registered
1,337 Posts
61 - 80 of 291 Posts