AVS Forum banner

1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I decided to embark on project to send HD audio to my SVS PS3000 subwoofer that do not have a dedicated Blue Tooth adapter. Then you plug it directly into the Sub Out RCA jack of your receiver since many 2018-2020 receivers have no ability to route a BT speaker to the Subwoofer out port on the back of the unit.

It took going through a few pairs of BT dongles that would self connect to each other in a dedicated TX / RX configuration. The BT dongles that can do this are Trond's and I am including the Amazon link here for information. They use the Qualcom CSR8670 chipset which has 192kHz/24bit capability. More than sufficient for HD audio capability for a bass channel.

The chipset specs are here: Overview | CSR8670 VFBGA/WLCSP Bluetooth audio SoC for home entertainment and wearables | Qualcomm

I have good ears, and detect no significant difference in quality between my dedicated SVS subwoofer cable and these Tronds in HQ AptX mode. Enjoy! I am..

TROND Bluetooth V5.0 Transmitter Receiver for TV PC iPod, 2-in-1 Wireless 3.5mm Adapter (AptX Low Latency)
TROND Bluetooth V5.0 Transmitter Receiver for TV PC iPod, 2-in-1 Wireless 3.5mm Adapter (AptX Low Latency, Pair with 2 Bluetooth Headphones Simultaneously)

https://smile.amazon.com/dp/B01B4W40VC/ref=cm_sw_em_r_mt_dp_1m5.FbDE1YRXQ?_encoding=UTF8&psc=1

1 - 1 of 1 Posts