AVS Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 89 Posts

· Registered
83 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Last week I saw a TV commercial for the F 9/11 DVD. When they showed the cover, and the announcer started talking, a wave of apprehension came over me, and a little voice in my head said, "uh-ooohhhh... you're not supposed to talk about that!" It only lasted for a second, but I knew then that I've been spending far too much time on the AVS forums. Therapy will commence as soon as I've finished the 'Time Machine' thread.

· Registered
9,911 Posts
*fwf, this message will self-destruct in 10 seconds, or the thread is closed, or whichever comes first.*

Your mission (should you accept): Go back in the time machine, terminate MM before he begins production on his film. Should you succeed, the controversy will never have happened. Unfortunately, neither will have this thread.

Anyhow, back to the topic. You know you've spent too much time on this forum when....your wife calls it 'your other wife'.

· Registered
10,506 Posts
I have this theory that the more prolific you are on the Internet, the less sociable you're likely to be in real life (assuming the Internet isn't real life). So someone with 11k+ posts should be extremely shy and anti-social in person.

You know you've spent too much time on the forums when...

You start calling your spouse/life-partner/girlfriend/boyfriend/pet* nicknames like Fisheggs, The Ferret, Chewbacco, HomeTheaterStud, StoneCold, SnickersBar and PooperScooper, and he/she/it* just looks at you like you're insane.

*edit

· Registered
16,014 Posts
Quote:
Originally posted by ADU
I have this theory that the more prolific you are on the Internet, the less sociable you're likely to be in real life (assuming the Internet isn't real life). So someone with 11k+ posts should be extremely shy and anti-social in person.
Your theory is valid. I'm what is known as a geek. In my case though I have a pretty good excuse being slightly mentally imbalanced. Although I actually haven't ever been able to determine how severe the imbalance is.

Because what they say is true. People who are crazy don't really know they're crazy. Or at least not the extent of it.

· Premium Member
3,003 Posts
Quote:
Originally posted by ADU

...You start calling your spouse nicknames like Fisheggs, The Ferret, Chewbacco, HomeTheaterStud, StoneCold, SnickersBar and PooperScooper, and he/she just looks at you like you're insane.
Eeek.

· Banned
45 Posts
When you read some synonym you personally made up while on AVS or some other forum, newsgroup, or group talking about wide screen DVD vs full frame. Hey they're stealling what i made up. I'll let you think of the word(s) i made up and people have used it now and again over the years. Give you a hint it has to do with full frame being called something else.;)

· Registered
10,506 Posts
Quote:
People who are crazy don't really know they're crazy. Or at least not the extent of it.
And that's something we can all be grateful for. If your theory is correct though, then it's the people who truly believe they're normal that are the real whack-jobs. Fortunately I don't know anyone like that.

· Registered
16,014 Posts
You know you've spent too much time on the forums when...

Quote:
Originally posted by KOA
...when you are answering this thread.
Yes, that would certainly be the proof positive.

And repeated replies to this thread would probably indicate the severity of the problem, wouldn't you think?

· Registered
17,845 Posts
Quote:
Originally posted by RobertWood
In my case though I have a pretty good excuse being slightly mentally imbalanced. Although I actually haven't ever been able to determine how severe the imbalance is.

Because what they say is true. People who are crazy don't really know they're crazy. Or at least not the extent of it.
Me, I'm all the way unbalanced and proud of it. Being a little crazy keeps the real weirdos (and people I find tiresome) away.

· Banned
45 Posts
I have to have 'some' balance other wise i would sink the bloody canoe and drown, I have owned it since I sent away for a kit to save money and build it my self. I recently seen Jeffrey Hunter before he became Capt Christpher Pike of Star Trek in movie "Sailor of the King". True story about a marooned sailor who kept the german battlship from being repared until the USA fleet caught up with it, and destroyed the german pocket battle ship (not Graf Spee).

· Registered
569 Posts
When you spend way more time posting about movies than watching them!:)

· Registered
569 Posts
And you reply to your own post.:)

1 - 20 of 89 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.