AVS Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
1,710 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
This may be the time to get off the fence and buy the 6000.

I called this morning to get the 6000 for $199. The CSR informed me that my account had been tagged as Exclusive Customer. Due to my past record with Dish Network, which includes years as a subscriber (6+) and level of programming (minimum of AT 100) I could get the 6000 for $149. That's right $149.

It gets better. The 8VSB OTA tuner module. With a years payment for the HD pack, the 8VSB is FREE!!! For 109.89 I get the module AND HD programming for a year. They do have the option to sign up for HD and may monthly and get the module for $99. Regular MSRP is $149.

So to sum up, if you have been a regular Dish customer for a heck of a long time, you can get the 6000 plus both modules plus one year's HD programming for the whopping sum of $258.89.

Get off the fence and get the HD!!! There is no cheaper way to get it.

·
Registered
73 Posts
yep....I called earlier and they told me the same thing $149 for the 6000u, but did not offer me a deal on the tuner card...

·
Registered
73 Posts
just called again and the csr said there is no deal on the 8vsb tuner card??? Do you remember the name of the csr that you talked to? I know they have a deal if you pay for hd programming for a year you get the 8psk module free but not the 8vsb module.

·
Registered
475 Posts
Can someone explain this 6000 deal to me. I'm a directv cust. but I am trying to help my dad get this deal.When I call dish the csr knows nothing about it. Who do I need to talk to?

·
Registered
2,627 Posts
I just called and canceled my order-no deals on tuner card and I am an "exclusive customer" which I am not sure really means anything except that I spend a lot of money with DISH. I already have one 6000 and was going to get a second but now will wait to see what they offer on 811 and how they plan (if they plan) to integrate with my 6000. Kind of mess. When I said it was mentioned on the Charlie Chat both modules for 199 he put me on hold (again) and came back-no specials on ota tuner???!!

·
Registered
234 Posts
the key SEEMS to be that you get the 8VSB OTA module if you pay up front 1 year of HD programming. I am not sure what m,akes up "exclusive" cuz I have been with E* for 2+ years with AT150...that's it. Anyway I got the $149 deal and when I stated I wanted to pay for the year's HD upfront they said "OK, and it comes with 8VSB and no commitment"

·
Registered
3,733 Posts
the deal for a free hd module with the hd pack for a year is supost to be for people with older 6000's, for them to be able to get teh to get the 8psk sat hd module for free so when dish switches over they aren't left in the cold, i believe this was mentioned in chat too.

i am not going to go for anything less then that was said on chat 199 for both modules with a commitment to a years programming of at least the AT 5O pack

It makes no sense to bundle the ota hd mod with sat hd programing.

But does make sense to offer the Sat hd 8psk module with the year comittment to the hd pack, to people who own older 6000's that don't have it bulit in. it is away to upgrade them without a staright give away

·
Registered
2,627 Posts
Quote:
Originally posted by 4runner4
the key SEEMS to be that you get the 8VSB OTA module if you pay up front 1 year of HD programming. I am not sure what m,akes up "exclusive" cuz I have been with E* for 2+ years with AT150...that's it. Anyway I got the $149 deal and when I stated I wanted to pay for the year's HD upfront they said "OK, and it comes with 8VSB and no commitment"
I told the rep that. He put me on hold, and said they don't have any current specials for ota tuner-seems like the information is not getting distributed or something, he checked several times and always came back with OTA was extra and was like 150 or 160 can't remember which and when I told him I would cancel and wait for 811, he agreed and said it seemed a better deal to go with the 811. In addition, when I originally ordered they said the 149 was for a remunufactured 6000. That didn't make any difference to me but had not seen it mentioned here.

What I don't understand is what are they going to do with the OTA modules. Who is going to want them after the 6000 are gone?

·
Registered
3,733 Posts
there are two deals a 6000u deal that many thought was to include both hd mods .

And there is a hd sat mod deal, which is actually for the 8psk module, with the year long commitment to the hd pack, as a way for older 6000 owners to upgrade their recievers.

anyway the whole thing is a mess, either the chat was miss understood by many or they got it wrong, and are not honoring the 6000 with both modules for 199 with a commintment to at least the 50 channels package for a year.

·
Registered
862 Posts
I can't get the same offer for $259. I have been with Dish just less than 3 years, and I'm not "exclusive" yet. Just "special". "Exclusive" customers can get the 6000 for $149, but no free 8vsb with HD package prepay.

The 6000 for me is $199, plus $149 for 8vsb.

At least what I was told.

Jeff

·
Registered
3,411 Posts
Yeah, those folks are clueless...

Charlie clearly stated, and I replayed my recording of chat, the deal was for "existing customers" with no other caveat, that the deal was for 199 with the 8PSK and that the bos would tune in OTA "with an antenna."

So far I have gotten nowhere with them or my local retailer, who had no idea of the deal, but called and was told the deal didn't apply to me because I was a Digital Home plan (lease) customer...

But that ain't what the man said...

I will persevere, I suggest you all do the same if you want this sweet deal...

Cheers.

·
Registered
46 Posts
I am a DHP cust. also that tried to get the $199 deal, they gave me so much problems. I went all the way up to the executive office and they still would not give me the deal. Talk about false advertising, anyways all DHP cust. are out of luck on every good promotion like this from what the guy at the executive office told me. He did say they are trying to make a package for DHP customers, but he was not sure when it will happen. All I can say is dish network does not give a crap about their customers, and that they have the worst customer service ever!

1 - 14 of 14 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.