AVS Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Love Tivo. Don't want to change from Direct TV. Got new HD display. Want to get HD Tivo, but from what I can tell, Direct TV HD programming won't work with the new Series3 Tivo in the near future because they want to sell you their own H20 DVR. Can I use an HR10-250? What are my options if I don't want to go cable?

·
Registered
542 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by mxm132 /forum/post/0

Love Tivo Can I use an HR10-250?

Yes

This is what I use now. I have the HD package which has about 7 HD chanels. I also get my local chanels in HD using rabbit ears. I connected the rabit ears to the back of the HR10-250 and I am able to include my local HD chanels with the DTV chanels. I can tivo any and all chanels (HD included).

·
Registered
194 Posts
i was told by numerous reps that even though tivo is being supported through 2010, that the HD signals that are being added this year will all be mpeg4 and they will transfer the current HD to mpeg4 also. this means that a series 3 will get local HD, but no satellite HD could be recorded. an hr10-250 would be crippled in the same way.

i am in a rock and a hard place. i cannot get local HD OTA. the hr20 has some definite advantages over the hr10 and only minor drawbacks. it seems to me that directv let the directivo units fall so far behind the standalone units so when they released the hr20 people would think it was an upgrade... when really, if the directivo would have progressed the same as the stand alone, the hr20 would have been a step back.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.