AVS Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1,699 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I avoided setting up REW because I though it would be difficult. I finally bit the bullet and I have to say it was easy and worth it.

You can easily find the best spot to put a sub without guessing at the very least. Then if you have a major problem you will know it and can do something about it. You can also see the effects of Audyssey on a sub. It my case it smooths some peaks and does a good job. As luck would have it my rooms acoustics are pretty good so the adjustments were minor.

Anyway if you have been thinking about it I would suggest you proceed.

·
Registered
610 Posts
I've used it the past with my Macbook but always have problems with clipping. Not sure why, if the mic input is to sensitive etc but never fails, even when not playing tones loud, it clips.

However, the results on the graphs still are pretty consistent even with clipping, so I was able to get decent info.

And I also agree with what you found with Audyssey, REW showed that it worked well in my setup, extremely well.

·
Registered
1,011 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by jedi.night /forum/post/15554184

I've used it the past with my Macbook but always have problems with clipping. Not sure why, if the mic input is to sensitive etc but never fails, even when not playing tones loud, it clips.

However, the results on the graphs still are pretty consistent even with clipping, so I was able to get decent info.

And I also agree with what you found with Audyssey, REW showed that it worked well in my setup, extremely well.

Using the mic input would be your first problem there... you should use the line input, not the mic input... this usually requires a phantom power for the microphone you're using, I suppose this depends on the mic... speaking of which, what microphone are you using?

1 - 3 of 3 Posts