AVS Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
4,836 Posts
Just put your TV in checkerboard mode and select it in Youtube and you're good to go.

Oh Wait, I forgot Panasonic doesn't support it.

I used to do it on my VT-20 by pressing all six or seven buttons to get it in sbs mode manually and then six or seven more buttons to get it out of sbs mode in order to view the webpage.

·
Registered
100 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frank /forum/post/19604457

Just put your TV in checkerboard mode and select it in Youtube and you're good to go.

Oh Wait, I forgot Panasonic doesn't support it.

I used to do it on my VT-20 by pressing all six or seven buttons to get it in sbs mode manually and then six or seven more buttons to get it out of sbs mode in order to view the webpage.

Its side by side not checkerboard. i put it in side by side, i went into viera cast and to you tube but its not showing the 3d.

does the vt25 have an actual internet browser?

·
Registered
4,836 Posts
It didn't occur to me that you were using the built in YouTube (function).

I tried that a long time ago on my Panasonic and naturally 3D was disabled.

·
Registered
710 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Frank
It didn't occur to me that you were using the built in YouTube (function).

I tried that a long time ago on my Panasonic and naturally 3D was disabled.
Frank - I understand that the Panasonic 300 and 350 Blu-ray 3D players will output checkerboard. Any reason one couldn't view 3D on a Panasonic TV from a checkerboard source so long as it is routed through the player?

·
Registered
4,836 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by NorthTV
Frank - I understand that the Panasonic 300 and 350 Blu-ray 3D players will output checkerboard. Any reason one couldn't view 3D on a Panasonic TV from a checkerboard source so long as it is routed through the player?
Good question for someone that has one.

·
Registered
2,037 Posts
Is Youtube playing the video in side-by-side mode?

If not, go here and select side-by-side. At the coke/mentos video, hover over the 3D button and select half-width, fullscreen the video, then put the tv in 3D SBS mode.

·
Registered
24 Posts
Sorry for the noob question... but how does this YouTube 3d stuff work when wanting to play it on your 3dtv? Do you hook up your computer to the TV via HDMI and surf Youtube on there or use the TV's menus and built in YouTube features?

·
Registered
4,836 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by gunit2004 /forum/post/19624394

Sorry for the noob question... but how does this YouTube 3d stuff work when wanting to play it on your 3dtv? Do you hook up your computer to the TV via HDMI and surf Youtube on there or use the TV's menus and built in YouTube features?

I gave up trying to do it with my Panasonic 3D plasma quite a while ago.

It's a piece of cake with my Mitsubishi and Samsung 3DTVs. All you have to do is use your 3DTV as a computer monitor and use Youtube just like you do on any computer and set a couple of things.

The two things you have to do are:

1. select checkerboard in the 3D settings of Youtube

2. Put your 3dTV in checkerboard mode

3. Put on your 3D glasses

·
Registered
2,037 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frank /forum/post/19624814

I gave up trying to do it with my Panasonic 3D plasma quite a while ago.

It's a piece of cake with my Mitsubishi and Samsung 3DTVs. All you have to do is use your 3DTV as a computer monitor and use Youtube just like you do on any computer and set a couple of things.

The two things you have to do are:

1. select checkerboard in the 3D settings of Youtube

2. Put your 3dTV in checkerboard mode

With Panasonics:

1. select side-by-side in the 3D settings of Youtube (tick the half-width option)

2. Put your 3dTV in side-by-side mode

Unfortunately it only works well with 16:9 content. Everything else gets split wrong. This is how the side-by-side split looks with a 4:3 video:

The other problem is how distorted the web browser itself looks. It's stretched horizontally and you have to close one eye to see clearly. Is this the same with checkerboard?

·
Registered
4,836 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by cakefoo /forum/post/19627749

The other problem is how distorted the web browser itself looks. It's stretched horizontally and you have to close one eye to see clearly. Is this the same with checkerboard?

No. With checkerboard there is no problem at all.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.